Hey folks, here’s my ever evolving listing of the gear (and other favorite things) that I use on a daily basis. Each category has been sorted in order of usage. The most used item is on top. I’m also posting regular gadget diary posts and EDC updates where I talk about the gadgets I’m using and adventures I’m having on any particular day.
Smartphone and Related Accessories:
- LG G3 Android smartphone – I upgraded to the LG G3 from the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and love it.
- TYLT VÜ Wireless Charger review – Qi wireless charging stand that I use on the night stand next to my bed.
- Nokia DT-910 Wireless Charging Stand – I have 2 of these. One in my office and one on my desk at my day job.
- Cailifu Tempered Glass Screen Protector – I am a recent convert to using screen protectors. This is the first glass protector I’ve used for any length of time and it protected my LG G3 from a mishap with a spoon.
- KeyShair Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse sharing adapter - Handy little USB adapter that lets you use your PC or Mac’s keyboard and mouse to control an Android or iOS device (keyboard only for iOS).
Computers and Accessories:
- Apple 13″ MacBook Pro with Retina display – I use this computer for everything from gadgeteer work, couch surfing to travelling.
- LandingZone DOCK – I use this dock to connect my MacBook Pro to my LG monitor and other accessories. It makes it so easy to grab and go without having to disconnect individual cables.
- Google Nexus 7 2013 (LTE, 32GB) – The Nexus 7 replaces my iPad mini. Loving it so far.
- Logitech V470 Bluetooth Cordless Laser Mouse – I use this with my Macbook Air. I like the smaller size and fact that it doesn’t require me to plug in a USB dongle. The down side is that it sometimes I have to manually reset/pair it because it will lose connection after I wake up my laptop.
Other Office Equipment:
- LG 21:9 UltraWide IPS LED monitor (29EA73) – 29 inches of widescreen goodness!
- Epson Artisan 800 All-in-One Printer
- Coalesse Power Pod – Power “strip” cool enough to put on your desk instead of hiding it underneath.
Cameras and Related Gear:
- Canon 70D DSLR, Canon 430EX II speed light, Canon ST-E2 wireless flash remote – This is the setup that I use for all my Gadgeteer review pics.
- Eye-Fi Wireless SD Card – If you take a lot of pix and don’t have one of these yet, get it now. Trust me!
Audio / Video Home Theater Gear:
- Roku 2 XS - I’m use this streaming media player for watching free movies and shows with my Amazon Prime Instant Video account. It’s tiny, silent and never seems to have a hiccup.
- Dropcam Pro – I keep an eye on my house with this remote Wifi camera.
- Bose MIE2i Mobile Headset – Current favorite earbuds. I hate in-ear style buds, and have found these to be the most comfy (and great sounding) so far. It comes with a nice zippered storage pouch too.
- Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Car Kit – I am using this adapter to stream audio from my LG G3 to my MINI Cooper stereo. It works great!
- Cobra DriveHD Dashcam – Easy to use but looking to replace it with a dashcam that has better image quality.
- GoSmart STYLUS – So far the best capacitive stylus I’ve tried for both writing and drawing.
- ANicelyDone Stylus Handpad – Cushioned pad that allows you to rest your entire palm on the tablet’s display while drawing/writing.
- Sensu Artist Brush Stylus – Looks and feels like a traditional paint brush.
- Uniball Jetstream – My favorite ink pens. They put down a smooth thin line that never skips.
- Intelli IMT-500 Chromatic Tuner – My favorite clip-on tuner for my ukuleles.
- ICON Link Flashlight – This is my current quick grab flashlight.
- Coast LED Lenser LED Lantern (TT7105CP) – I used to grab this one whenever our power goes out at home, but now we have a whole house generator, so I rarely need it. It’s still using the original batteries!
- Huntlight FT-A3 – I keep this one in my gear bag.
- Photon X-Light Micro – Keychain flashlight.
Gear Bags, Pouches, Cases, Wallets and other items of holding:
- Timbuk2 Custom Laptop Messenger Bag – I prefer traditional messenger style bags and this one is roomy and looks great. I’ve been using one for years now. I recently replaced the one shown in the linked review due to damaging it. The one I have now is made of waxed canvas with a Blue stripe.
- Timbuk2 X-Small Classic Messenger Bag – (not shown above) I use this one when I need to carry more gear than the Waterfield Indy will carry, but not enough to fill the Timbuk2 Laptop Messenger.
- Waterfield Finn Wallet – I’ve been using a Waterfield zippered wallet every day since 2005. I recently updated to their Finn wallet.
- Waterfield Outback Duffel bag – My travel bag.
- Kensington iPad mini cover – My current favorite iPad mini case.
- Col. Littleton Front Pocket Wallet – My current favorite minimalist / travel wallet when I don’t want to carry a bag and have a jacket with pockets.
- Dragonthorn Leatherworks PCS – This is a custom PCS (Pocket Carry System) that has been designed to hold a small Altoids tin with aspirin, nail clippers and lip balm.
Other Geek Gear:
- SCOTTEVEST Lola Jacket
- RoboReel Power Cord System – Power driven retractable extension cord holder.
- Keyport Slide 2.0 – The best keychain ever!
My Favorite Android Apps:
- WakeVoice – Great alarm clock app for Android that speaks the time, weather and news headlines and can be stopped with a hand gesture.
- Slacker Radio – My current favorite audio streaming app.
- Tasker – Automation app.
- Words with Friends – This is pretty much the only game I play. I’m not that good, but I still enjoy it.
- Pure Calendar – Calendar widget that can be customized.
- Nova Launcher Prime – I’m never happy with stock anything, so this app let’s me tweak my phone’s interface.