Star Wars Popsicles – Saber-Lickin’ Good!

This popsicle kit from ThinkGeek will be a hit with Star Wars Fans.  The kit includes 4 lightsaber hilts (2 Luke, 2 Vader), a molding tray, and recipes so you can freeze your own “lightsabers” from most any beverage.  The hilts have LEDs inside to illuminate the blade; each hilt uses 3 button cell batteries, which are included.  The hilts are 5″ long X 1″ in diameter; the popsicle blades are about 6.5″ long.  Recipes include flavors like “Chewbapple,” “Ponda Berry,” “C-3POrange,” and Admiral Ackbar’s favorite: “It’s a Grap(e)!”  The Star Wars Lightsaber Popsicle Kit is $34.99.

Note:  I apparently got fooled by ThinkGeek’s April Fool’s joke this year.  I’m very sorry.  I don’t do April Fool’s jokes, and I guess I’m just gullible.  I apologize – I just thought it looked really cool.

Posted in: Geek Toys, Home, Kitchen, News

• andix April 4, 2011, 9:41 am

four days late for the April Fool.

• Gary Bunker April 4, 2011, 10:29 am

And the Loof Lirpa in the URL didn’t give this away as their annual silliness? I can see them trying to get someone to make licensed PopSabers, though. They got the Tauntaun sleeping bag, after all.

• Jackie Cheng April 4, 2011, 2:12 pm

The idea is pretty cool. I’m sure Thinkgeek will make it happen!

• GODMODE April 4, 2011, 2:17 pm

I really don’t see why this is not a real product.

• Andy Simmons April 4, 2011, 3:32 pm

No worries, Janet. You may just turn out to be well ahead of the curve.

A previous year’s April Fool’s product was the Star Wars Tauntaun sleeping bag. It turned out that there was enough demand for them, and ThinkGeek eventually turned it into a real product.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if the lightsaber popsicle kit follows the same approximate trajectory. :)

• HarryMonmouth April 4, 2011, 3:48 pm

Nowadays April fool jokes mostly seem more probable as suggestions in tech company board meetings.

• Janet Cloninger April 4, 2011, 4:01 pm

Thanks guys, for not giving me a hard time for being so gullible. I’m not even much of a Star Wars fan, but I was ready to order one of these things. Who doesn’t want a popsicle that lights up?

• Anthony Crawford April 4, 2011, 4:36 pm

Good news, if you click to buy it and get the joke you can vote to have them make them. I already voted for them so give it a try.

• RainyDayInterns April 4, 2011, 11:00 pm

This is going to be a RainyDay DIY project for sure!!!!

• Mark Rosengarten April 5, 2011, 5:22 am

They brought the Life Soundtrack t-shirt to life as well, and that also started out as a joke. There’s always hope. If they got licensing for the Tauntaun bag, then they should be able to do the same for this.