Ok, here it is. Can I have a drumroll please? I know you’ve all been wondering what to get me for Christmas, so here you go. I know you have money burning a hole in your pocket, so this should provide you with an outlet.
1. Nikon D5000 – I have wanted for some time a D-SLR that provides excellent image capture with HD video capture. The Nikon D5000 is the first one that I find myself wanting. I am a Nikon guy, and this is the one I want!
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab – I have used an iPad for several months, and I am a little tired of it. It’s too heavy, too limited, and too locked-down for my taste. I have wanted an Android tablet ever since the iPad came out, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first one that I have envy for. It’s the perfect size for me, and it’s on my favorite platform, but I don’t want a contract so I will take a WiFi version please. Now, I do reserve the right to change my mind up till Christmas Eve if another company comes out with a better Android tablet, so pay close attention.
3. Mystery Android Super Smartphone – this one is gonna be hard for you. I have an HTC Droid Incredible smartphone from Verizon. I love this phone, and I am a huge HTC Sense fan. But I have had huge cellphone envy from my friends who have the Sprint Evo from HTC. That is the phone I was waiting for from Verizon, and it went to Sprint. So I jumped at the Droid Incredible. I have heard rumors that Verizon is getting their own version of the Evo for the holiday season. So I would like you to monitor the cellphone rumor sites and hang out at the Verizon store periodically to find out when it will be here. Oh, and I need an Invisible Shield with that too.
4. 802.11N router – I don’t particularly care which one, because any of them will be better than what I have at home now with my aging 802.11G router.
5. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Hard Drive – No matter how big of a harddrive I get for my computer, I always run out of room. I am tired of it. I want a 2 TB drive to store everything I have, and more!
Now let’s talk about some technology products that I own that I think you should own too. These have ‘kept on giving’ to me for some time, so I feel 100% confident that you’ll love these too:
1. HP Touchsmart PC – We gave this as gift to the kids last Christmas, and I must admit that they have enjoyed this PC almost every day since. It has a gorgeous 23 in. touch screen, Windows 7, wireless mouse and keyboard, DVD burner, built-in webcam, and other goodies. It also comes with lots of games to show off that touchscreen. Just make sure the kids wash their hands after dinner!
2. Kodak Playsport camera – I absolutely love this camera. It is smaller than an iPod, holds over 3 hours of HD video on the 16 GB card, can be dropped in the mud or whatever or whatever, and it costs less than $150. Get this camera. It won’t replace your high-end HD camcorder, but I guarantee that you’ll be reaching for this camera more than any other camera.
3. Plantronics Voyager Pro UC bluetooth headset – Ok, just get over it. You look like a geek no matter which bluetooth headset you are wearing, so just embrace your geek-ness and like it. And if you are gonna wear one, this is the one you need to be wearing. It doubles as a bluetooth headset for your computer, it auto-pairs with both your phone and PC, it audibly tells you when you need to recharge, and because of the humongous battery hanging behind your ear, it lasts for days. I have used this one for 9 months and I still use it daily. Seriously. I love this headset.
So there we have it. You probably even have enough boxes in your house to wrap all of them. To be honest, I wouldn’t even mind if you wrapped all those gifts for me in the same box! Hurry up Dec. 25th!
- Julie’s Christmas Ideas and Wish List
- Dave’s Holiday Wish Lists and Suggestions
- I’m Making a List!
- My Christmas Wish List… are you listening Santa??
- Andy’s Christmas Ideas and Wish List
- Mr. Earphone’s Holiday Suggestions (and Desires)
- Jackie’s Holiday Wish List and Gift Suggestions
- Some ‘Gadgeteer-y’ Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- Elves, time to get a-building!
- Making My List, Checking it Lots