SitGo is the chair you need while waiting in line for an iPhone 7 tomorrow

{ 8 comments }

sitgo

I wish I had a SitGo to test tomorrow when I’ll be going to my local Verizon store around 6am to wait in line to (hopefully) buy an iPhone 7. Julie, what’s a SitGo you ask? It’s what inventor Jon Webb calls a portable resting solution, but I like to call it a one-legged tripod for your butt. 😉 Seriously though, the SitGo is an ultra portable collapsable “chair” that stows away in a tube that’s about the same size as a large water bottle. This one-legged stool is perfect for events and other times when standing for long periods of time isn’t comfortable. SitGo is adjustable for different heights and only costs $29.95. Visit SitGo.com for more info and to order.

Posted in: News, Outdoor Gear
  • yeppers September 15, 2016, 5:21 pm

Ooh are they close to shipping? I ordered mine through Kickstarter what seems 2 years ago and I had forgotten about it until I read this article!! I’ll have to go and check!

• Julie Strietelmeier September 15, 2016, 7:28 pm

I didn’t know they were a crowdfunding project.

• yeppers September 16, 2016, 10:00 am

Aha! I just did a double take and the kickstarter one I bought is called sitpack! website is http://www.sitpack.dk …it is almost exactly the same!

• hildyj September 15, 2016, 8:01 pm

This is an old idea known as a shooting stick in Britain (but not in the US where the term refers to a gun mount). If you need one that’s collapsible, the Flipstick (available on Amazon) looks much more comfortable. But really, Julie, with your love of traditional bags, you should consider the rigid British stick with a leather seat. The ones designed for field use even have a spike bottom with a flip out disk so you won’t sink into the ground. To give you an idea, here’s one manufacturer’s line http://www.tirion.co.uk/

• Julie Strietelmeier September 15, 2016, 8:04 pm

The ones you link to look nice, but they are much bulkier than the SitGo which folds down to the size of a water bottle.

• Norm September 16, 2016, 5:50 pm

If you don’t mind something a little larger check out Walkstool. Three legs, in a variety of heights, great customer support for parts ( from Sweeden). And they even make a leg spreader for use in the sand or snow. Go for the models with collapsible legs which fold up smaller and are very strong.

• Jon September 18, 2016, 11:42 am

What a wonderful article. A lot of other product suggestions as well. Great work Julie.
    The sitgo wasn’t crowd funded. It is a private company. It is available for purchase on the sitgo website and on Amazon.

• yeppers September 20, 2016, 3:05 pm

Yeah, my bad…the similar product I backed on Kickstarter was a called SitPack…almost identical though so I wonder who had the idea first?!