Content Nav Menu

Verizon now offering pre-paid $5/day data plan for tablet users

on November 22, 2013 3:15 pm

prepaid-vzn

If you have a Verizon LTE enabled tablet but find that you use WiFi more than the LTE option, you can save yourself some money and use Verizon’s new pre-paid $5/day plan. Five dollars provides 24 hours of LTE data access with 300 megabytes of data. If you run out of data before the 24hrs is up, it’s not a problem, an additional $5 purchase will get you another 300mb bucket. If you find 1 day and 300mb is just not enough, you can always opt for one of Verizon’s new monthly pre-paid plans that start at $20 a month for 1GB and go up to $80 a month for 10GB. I have have been paying $10 a month for an iPad mini tablet on my Share Everything plan which shares 2GB of data with my phone. Since I don’t travel often and am almost always near WiFi, I find I’m rarely using the LTE option. I might turn it off and go with this $5/day plan whenever the need arises.

Comments

1. 1
    Andrew Baker says:

Ouch thats $150 a month

2. 2

@Andrew The $5/day plan isn’t meant to be used for a whole month. It’s meant to be used a day here and a day there. If you need a whole month you should go with a monthly pre-paid plan or add the tablet to an existing Share Everything plan.

3. 3
    Jackie Cheng says:

They should get rid of the “voice” plans since it’s being transmitted as data anyways. Plus voice+text barely uses any data. It sucks that we have to pay for a base voice plan plus the additional data plus texting!! We really only need data plans.

4. 4
    Xfader says:

I think AT&T has the same thing.How do they compare?

5. 5

@Xfader From what I just read, AT&T’s $5/day data plan only gives you 250MB of data compared to Verizon’s 300MBs.

6. 6
    tivoboy says:

I don’t even think AT&T HAS a 5$ a day plan for tablets and mobile data only.. is there a linky to that one?

7. 7
  8. 8
    Xfader says:

I see the 50MB difference between the AT&T and Verizon plans.
    That extra 50MB could really help.

9. 9
    ZIM says:

TMOBILE is giving away FREE DATA with NO MONEY and Verizon thinks $5/day is a great deal?

10. 10
    fuchikoma.x says:

I pay 1500Yen/mo. with SOFTBANK for unlimited, i could not recall how the telcos getaway with robbery back in the states