Verizon now offering pre-paid $5/day data plan for tablet users

prepaid-vzn

If you have a Verizon LTE enabled tablet but find that you use WiFi more than the LTE option, you can save yourself some money and use Verizon’s new pre-paid $5/day plan. Five dollars provides 24 hours of LTE data access with 300 megabytes of data. If you run out of data before the 24hrs is up, it’s not a problem, an additional $5 purchase will get you another 300mb bucket. If you find 1 day and 300mb is just not enough, you can always opt for one of Verizon’s new monthly pre-paid plans that start at $20 a month for 1GB and go up to $80 a month for 10GB. I have have been paying $10 a month for an iPad mini tablet on my Share Everything plan which shares 2GB of data with my phone. Since I don’t travel often and am almost always near WiFi, I find I’m rarely using the LTE option. I might turn it off and go with this $5/day plan whenever the need arises.

Posted in: Miscellaneous, News

• Andrew Baker November 22, 2013, 6:38 pm

Ouch thats $150 a month

• Julie Strietelmeier November 22, 2013, 8:02 pm

@Andrew The $5/day plan isn’t meant to be used for a whole month. It’s meant to be used a day here and a day there. If you need a whole month you should go with a monthly pre-paid plan or add the tablet to an existing Share Everything plan.

• Jackie Cheng November 23, 2013, 2:22 am

They should get rid of the “voice” plans since it’s being transmitted as data anyways. Plus voice+text barely uses any data. It sucks that we have to pay for a base voice plan plus the additional data plus texting!! We really only need data plans.

• Xfader November 23, 2013, 8:52 am

I think AT&T has the same thing.How do they compare?

• Julie Strietelmeier November 23, 2013, 9:00 am

@Xfader From what I just read, AT&T’s $5/day data plan only gives you 250MB of data compared to Verizon’s 300MBs.

• tivoboy November 23, 2013, 9:35 am

I don’t even think AT&T HAS a 5$ a day plan for tablets and mobile data only.. is there a linky to that one?

• Julie Strietelmeier November 23, 2013, 9:41 am

Looks like it’s not available just yet:

• Xfader November 23, 2013, 11:34 am

I see the 50MB difference between the AT&T and Verizon plans.
    That extra 50MB could really help.

• ZIM November 23, 2013, 10:17 pm

TMOBILE is giving away FREE DATA with NO MONEY and Verizon thinks $5/day is a great deal?

• fuchikoma.x December 2, 2013, 7:42 pm

I pay 1500Yen/mo. with SOFTBANK for unlimited, i could not recall how the telcos getaway with robbery back in the states