A clip-on keyboard that turns an iPhone 6 Plus into a tiny laptop

{ 6 comments }

iphone6plus-keyboard

The iPhone 6 Plus is a big beautiful smartphone that comes close to being a small tablet. If you own this phone and find yourself wishing you could type long emails or text messages with a physical keyboard instead of the onscreen version, consider this clip-on Bluetooth keyboard from Brando. The iPhone 6 Plus Ultra-thin Bluetooth Keyboard effectively turns your phablet into a mintop (I just made up that term to stand for mini laptop). The keyboard comes with a clear case that snaps on the back of the iPhone and then allows the keyboard to snap over it when not being used, doubling as a screen protector. When you do want to use the keyboard, it features a fold out stand where the iPhone can rest in a comfortable viewing angle. The keyboard is powered by rechargeable battery which charges using an included micro USB cable. You can purchase the iPhone 6 Plus Ultra-thin Bluetooth Keyboard for $48 from Brando.

Posted in: Bluetooth Gear, iOS, News
  • Mark Rosengarten April 11, 2015, 5:58 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads-up!!!!!

• Julie Strietelmeier April 11, 2015, 10:51 pm

@Mark I thought of you while I was writing this news post. I wasn’t sure if it was something you’d like since it isn’t a true clamshell type keyboard…

• Mark Rosengarten April 13, 2015, 5:34 am

After further investigating it, it’s not really what I’m after but a step in the right direction! Figured it would be Brando who came up with it.

• Aussie Rob April 14, 2015, 3:14 am

I have ordered a TextBlade. Much smaller but with full size keys. Impossible? Check it out.

• Michael April 15, 2015, 6:59 pm

Looks pretty neat, but how comfortable is it to actually use?

• Aussie Rob April 15, 2015, 11:40 pm

Michael, if your question is about the textblade – which comes from Waytools – I don’t know yet how comfortable it is, since I haven’t received it yet. Should get end of May-ish. Apparently has “proper” tactile feedback and is full size keys, so should be very comfortable.