ChargeCard is an iPhone Cable That Stores in Your Wallet

ChargeCard is a clever USB cable for the iPhone that will never get in a tangle or knot. One end has a standard USB connector and the other end has a 30 pin iPhone connector. The cable folds up into a flat credit card shaped package that then fits in a card slot in your wallet. The designers behind the ChargeCard have a Kickstarter project that started yesterday. Their goal is to raise $50,000 and they are on their way by collecting pledges for over $7000 in less than 24hrs. If you’re interested in helping out this project, a pledge of $18 will get you one ChargeCard in your choice of offered colors.

Posted in: Cables, Batteries and Chargers, iPhone, iPad, iPod, News

• Ken S July 19, 2012, 10:16 am

I believe there are quite a few rumors going around that Apple is going to abandon their current connector. They’ve been shipping iPhones with micro-USB adapters for over a year now to comply with their laws.

• Julie July 19, 2012, 11:28 am

@Ken S I’ve heard the same rumors, but there are eleventy billion iPhones with the current 30 pin connector in circulation. So this product still has some teeth.
    You say they’ve been shipping micro-USB adapters for a year? Who is “they”? I didn’t get an adapter with my iPhone 4 or 4S…

• jhon July 19, 2012, 12:08 pm

This is handy. And $18 isn’t that bad a price. I think I just might find myself lighter ~$20 by the end of today…

• Gaetano Marano July 20, 2012, 3:56 am

a good product that can be made BETTER

• Fred July 20, 2012, 5:40 am

There is a drawback due to the rigidity of this card, depending on the position or orientation of the USB ports on your laptop.

• Martyn July 20, 2012, 6:28 am

The card is rigid but the cable part is flexible.
    You could almost certainly twist the cable part through the 90° needed to use a vertical port.

• Jake July 21, 2012, 3:10 pm

@Julie They sell them but don’t include them in the box to comply with an EU regulation for a universal phone charging/syncing solution I believe. SO grandma can go to a phone shop and ask for a charger and not need to know anything else. Simples!

• joel perlish March 6, 2013, 11:16 am

how much charge will this give a phone???

• Janet Cloninger March 6, 2013, 11:34 am

@joel perlish This is just a travel cable. It doesn’t have a battery at all, so it can’t charge your phone.