Xband – Wallet and Money Clip Alternative

The Xband looks like an easy to use alternative to a money clip. It’s similar to the Bandit Wallet that I reviewed last year, only infinitely better due to the X design. It’s a double elastic band that comes in Black, Grey or Tan. The cool thing is that you can unhook the top band while still allowing the bottom band to hold on to your cards and cash. Grab what you need and then stretch the top band back in place. The $5.99 price tag isn’t bad either. What do you think? Could this be your next minimalist wallet?

Posted in: Gear, News, Wallets

• Ben Keels September 19, 2011, 2:18 pm

Thanks for the Xband review Julie!

• Ryan Stevens September 19, 2011, 3:05 pm

I’ve been rocking the x-band wallet for over a year now. Hands down the best money clip / wallet I’ve ever used. Its super slim and keep me from carrying around too much bulk. And best of all, it actually works as shown in the video!

• Jeff Olson September 19, 2011, 3:43 pm

Been using the x-band for several months now. Wish I had it a long time ago. Keeps things tight, slim and helps keep you from carrying around a bunch of unnecessary cards in your pocket. Get it. You’ll love it.

• Jeff September 19, 2011, 5:15 pm

Uhm, am I the only one who has noticed that it’s just a piece of elastic sewn together? Sure it’s folded over into an X, but that isn’t really that major is it?

Not knocking it, just asking questions…

• Jackie Cheng September 20, 2011, 10:26 am

I’ve been using the Bandit Wallet one for awhile now. Loving it as well but going to get this also to try. =)

• Kendra Stanton September 21, 2011, 1:16 pm

love the x-band, my husband and I both have one- we can’t live without it now.

• Bob DeLoyd September 21, 2011, 1:30 pm

I don’t like the idea of the money being so easily displayed. I have a friend who was recently attacked and robbed because he had $20 sticking out of his shirt pocket.

• Ryan Moffat September 24, 2011, 2:51 pm

Love this little gadget. Half the size of a wallet and much easier to pack around.

• John guida October 28, 2011, 11:47 am

How do I order one?

• Julie October 28, 2011, 12:50 pm

@John Go to the Xband site linked to in this news post and order one :)

• alec March 14, 2012, 4:08 pm

I’ve been a firm believer in the Xband for a couple years.. I have yet to need to replace it. Awesome gadget.

• Um_H February 28, 2013, 10:56 am

I found a great wallet I’m very interested in. I was searching for a minimalist wallet to stop using my old big wallet and i found on indiengogo. com one called “In1 Wallet”. It’s very good looking but also it looks spacious coz it has a pocket for the bills, coins and whatever u want to carry. It’s as small as a credit card and as thick as the number of cards you want to carry. Check it out here (without the spaces):

indiegogo. com / projects / in1-wallet-a-new-concept-of-minimalist-wallets

They are also on facebook (search for “In1 Wallet”).