Concealed carry gadgets holster

Billed as “The manly solution to an unsightly fanny pack,” is the Gadget Shoulder Holster from ThinkGeek.  Looking very undercover cop-ish, it holds your phone, keys and other gear within “quickdraw distance” and can be worn over or under layers of clothes.   Fits up to a size 44 chest and made from a super-stretchy “space-age” material (they do know the space age was the 1960’s, right?).  $49.99.  Alright, ready to cross gadget-hauling with cop dramas?

Posted in: Gear, News

• Al July 19, 2011, 1:59 pm

I have to admit , its impressive going to have order one.
    Hope it is as cool as it looks, tired of all the stuff in my pockets.

• Louis July 19, 2011, 3:45 pm

Yes! I love it. It makes sense and it’s convenient. And I would wear one if (and only if) there was absolutely NO CHANCE that anyone would see it.

• turn.self.off July 19, 2011, 6:13 pm

https://www.urbantool.com/ < the ladies making them, and more.

• Jackie Cheng July 20, 2011, 1:20 am

As cool as it looks…I think this only really look good in Bond movies.

• Al July 20, 2011, 5:34 am

Already carry one , but not for my cell phone , easy to conceal.
    You just wear it under a vest , conceal carry is the idea.

• Raph84 July 20, 2011, 11:03 am
  • Julie July 20, 2011, 12:02 pm

@Raph84 Yikes, that’s definitely over the top ;) I would actually wear this one: http://tucker-bloom.com/messenger-bags/bag/transit_pass_medium/category/transit-pass-shoulder-bag/
    It’s about as funky as I would go.

• Bob DeLoyd July 21, 2011, 1:42 pm

Yes TSA and Airport Security will have lots fun with somebody wearing one these :P

• Curt Rostenbach July 29, 2011, 3:16 pm

@Bob DeLoyd I used to wear something like this years ago, wore it out! It allowed me to carry my pens (as a programmer I tend to carry a lot) and a notepad which let me wear T-shirts that didn’t have breast pockets. During that time I met a girl who wore one as well, she used it as a change purse. This was back in the early 80’s and she advised me not to wear it at the airport. She had. She said she went whizzing through the metal detector and her coins set it off. So security was looking at her when she reached under her jacket and said, “Oh, it’s my…” By then they were drawing down on her.

• Bob DeLoyd July 30, 2011, 12:05 am

@Curt Rostenbach this is what I was thinking when i first saw it. The design is clever, looks very useful and cool but not at airports.