The SmartShopper gets Smarter

Several years ago I reviewed the SmartShopper grocery list recording device. The SmartShopper has been recently upgraded with a smaller design and extra features like a built in timer, ability to keep two lists and ways to sort the list by your store layout. The SmartShopper still doesn’t require ink, but it does use small rolls of thermal paper which cost $10.99 per 3/pk. The SmartShopper itself is $79.99 and can be purchased here. How do you keep your grocery list? Can you believe that I still do it the old school way with paper and pencil? Shocking isn’t it?!

Posted in: Home, Kitchen, News

7 comments… add one

• Philippe Radley March 2, 2011, 1:10 pm

What is the point of this device, when you can d/l shopping list apps to your phone?

• Julie March 2, 2011, 9:04 pm

@Philippe & Steve Not everyone has a smartphone :)

• Steve March 2, 2011, 3:00 pm

You know there’s an app for that, Julie. :-)

• Andy Simmons March 2, 2011, 3:31 pm

I use the MacGourmet application for OS X, and the companion app for iPhone. I keep all of my recipes in the Mac application, build meal plans for the week, and it builds shopping lists for me from those meal plans. I then sync the shopping lists over to my iPhone, and that’s it.

Still waiting on the iPad app, so I can have my recipes in the kitchen without needing to find a place for my computer.

• Andrew Everhart March 5, 2011, 9:24 am

We, as a family, use OurGroceries & have been extremely impresses with its simplicity and functionality. we maintain shopping lists, packing lists and weekly menus. Best of all it’s FREE and works on PC/Apple/Blackberry/Android platforms!

• Andrew Baker March 5, 2011, 9:46 pm

How many lists do you get out of a roll? I can’t see that many due to size of device.

• Julie March 5, 2011, 10:58 pm

@Andrew That all depends on the size of your lists ;)