The Bragi Dash Bluetooth earphones are truly wireless

At the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show, German company BRAGI released the Dash, the world’s first smart wireless headphones. The Dash is a combination of design, audio, wearable tech, biometrics and telephone functionality, all in one product. It’s truly wireless.

The Dash has 3 features in one earphone. In addition to streaming via Bluetooth 4.0, there is a built-in stand-alone music player with 4 GB storage able to hold 1000 songs—in your ear. Left/right stereo music can be controlled by tapping and swiping on the Dash itself. With the appropriate app, the Dash will track heartbeat, steps and duration of any activity using Bluetooth Smart. Finally, there’s Master Volume and Audio Transparency. Master Volume controls the volume of music while Audio Transparency enables you to hear what is going on around you as well as engage in conversation without having to remove The Dash from your ears. You can even swim while wearing them. They are waterproof up to a depth of 3 ft.

Phone calls can be answered with a single tap. The Dash uses an ear bone microphone to filter your voice in busy surroundings.

The Dash uses balanced armature speakers which are very accurate and detailed sounding. Four sizes of FitSleeves assure an optimal fit for commuting or outdoor activities. An included charging case will charge the Dash up to 5 times. The Dash battery life is 3 hours per charge.

The Bragi Dash comes in black or white, sells for $299 US and will ship beginning in January 2016. Visit for more information.

Posted in: Audio, Video, TV, Bluetooth Gear, News
  • RainyDayInterns January 10, 2016, 8:08 pm

Really doesn’t matter how attractive the models are sporting this ear plug, anyone wearing it will still look like a dork.

• digi_owl January 11, 2016, 12:48 am

And this is why we seem to be stuck in a rut. Too much focus on appearance over utility.

• RainyDayInterns January 12, 2016, 11:44 pm

There is no critical problem which is being solved by this unit, thus appearance is going to be a much larger driver regarding its acceptance.

Clayton Christensen’s book, Innovator’s Dilemma explores and explains why this is so in some detail.

• Adam January 22, 2016, 11:51 pm

I’m not sure why anyone would look like any more of a dork than any of the millions of people already wearing headphones like they do every day…these really aren’t much bigger than your average run of the mill earbuds.

• Bill Henderson January 10, 2016, 8:15 pm

I disagree. The potential convenience factor is too big to ignore. This is the obvious eveolutionary step into the future. I’m excited.

• Kunal Patel January 10, 2016, 10:21 pm

I was part of their Kickstarter campaign in February of 2014. Still awaiting my set.. Hopefully the long delays will be worth the wait.

• Craig O'Connor January 11, 2016, 6:51 am

I also saw the possibilities of this device and joined, this, my first and only kickstarter. I am, however, an obsessive about wireless stereo music having purchased, at last count, 14 different devices (and a couple of duplicates when I broke a few when mashing buttons). None are perfect, though the V-Moda I got a few months ago, is very close. With the current cash advantaged generation, we are seeing a large number of new, high end, wireless entries in this space. I more then welcome them.

• Craig O'Connor February 14, 2016, 1:59 am

I got my Dash, yesterday, about 2 years to the day since I joined the Kickstarter. I love the future. These type of toys are making old age so much fun. I feel like a member of the Jetson family.