Fitbit Force – May the Force be with you

fitbit force

Well the Force isn’t strong with me, that’s for sure.  I’d been umming and aahing for a while now and just last week I purchased a Fitbit Flex to keep track of how far I walk each day. Of course a week later Fitbit releases their Fitbit Force (I’d seen new items about it but wasn’t sure when it’d be released). With the addition of an OLED screen that can be used to display your statistics as well as the time and an altimeter for “stairs climbed”, the Force addresses two of the major “shortcomings” referred to in most Flex reviews.  In addition, an upcoming feature will be call notifications from your smartphone.

Priced slightly higher than the Flex at $129.95, the Force is available to order now from the Fitbit online store.

Posted in: Health, Fitness, Sports, News, Watches, Clocks

7 comments… add one

• Julie Strietelmeier October 13, 2013, 9:44 am

I wonder if the time is always displayed, or if you have to press a button to see it?

• Ian Lim October 13, 2013, 9:48 am

I’d guess not because it would compromise the battery life…..

• tivoboy October 13, 2013, 10:14 am

Already ordered.!

• Anna October 14, 2013, 10:30 am

The Force cannot be worn in the shower, whereas the Flex can. I think that makes the Flex more appealing to me. (I downloaded both product manuals to find this out because this information about the Force wasn’t readily apparent on the web product pages.)

• Ian Lim October 15, 2013, 4:21 am

Anna, yes can’t be worn in the shower, you can’t actually remove the tracker so if the band breaks you can’t just replace the band and you can’t change your band colour (if you could actually buy the spare bands for the Flex) and it’s around 1.5X the thickness of the Flex. Food for thought.

• Anna October 15, 2013, 11:23 am

Thanks for pointing out those additional comparisons (Flex vs. Force), Ian. That cinches it for me–I’m getting the Flex for $30 less.

• Nick October 27, 2013, 3:50 pm

I currently use the Jawbone UP, I’m still debating on whether or not to upgrade. I’m hoping they come out with a slimmer model. It seems like all the fitness bands are still too big for the wrist. Good review!