Magic-Pro iGoGo TV Android TV-Box with Built-in Webcam & Mic

The Magic-Pro iGoGo TV box is powered by Android 2.3.1, so you’ll be able to enjoy Android apps – internet surfing, movie watching, and games – directly on your big HDTV.  iGoGo TV has an ARM Cortex-A8 1GHz processor and 512MB DDR3 and 4GB NAND flash inside, and you can add even more memory with microSDHC cards and USB external hard drives or flash drives.  It supports 1080P Full HD video decoding for most video formats, and it connects to your HD TV with an HDMI output port (1920 x 1080p).  It also has a built-in 2MP webcam and a microphone for video calling.  It has a 2.4GHz RF Air Mouse remote control, with an optional upgrade to 2.4GHz RF Air Mouse + Keyboard, for optimal surfing and gaming.  The iGoGo TV is $188 at Pyramid Distribution.

Posted in: Android related, Audio, Video, TV Gear, News

• Jonathan Cohen January 17, 2012, 12:30 am

Any idea whether it supports video calling on Skype?

• Pyramid Distribution January 17, 2012, 1:49 pm

Yes, the iGoGo TV built-in Webcam and Mic for support video call on Skype.

• Jonathan Cohen January 17, 2012, 4:44 pm

Yes, but if it’s not a Skype-certified device, then there’s a chance that Skype won’t work on it. Also, non-Skype-certified devices have poorer video quality (see the Skype FAQ for more details).

I’ll wait for a review by someone who tests out Skype…no point in buying something that might not support it.

• Savvy Sleuth January 18, 2012, 11:37 pm

I’m intrigued by this device. Would love to see a user’s review of it with some pros and cons. Love my gadgets too; hadn’t seen this one. Look forward to your future posts – nice site!

• Savvy Sleuth January 18, 2012, 11:39 pm

How long has this one been out? Is Pyramid Distribution the sole provider of this gadget currently? Thx.

• Adam February 20, 2012, 4:08 pm

The video calling works hreat on Skype as well as yahoo messenger and any other android video calling app but this xevice does not come with android market and when downloaded it force closes I have rried many versions with no luck also no way to root it yet otherwise great device

• Chuck February 25, 2012, 10:01 am

The party I’m calling on Skype with Magic-Pro iGoGo, either Skype to Skype or Skype to phone, is hearing an echo. Everything is fine on my end. Video is fine. Any idea on what’s causing the problem?

• Pyramid Distribution March 13, 2012, 1:20 pm

We have new firmware released for support android market.

• Jim April 11, 2012, 9:02 pm

Will you be providing upgrade support to Android 4.0 ICS ?

• Raj Vadlamannati April 12, 2012, 4:01 am

Hi there, I bought this piece recently and I am very impressed with that. However, ever since I bought that (2 weeks ago) piece, it is starting in safemode only and I am not able to see any new apps that were installed. Can anyone please tell me how to boot it normally so that I can make full use of it? Cheers Raj

• Pyramid Distribution April 12, 2012, 10:08 am

Have you tried to use the home button?

• Eugene C July 18, 2012, 8:44 am

I bought this today and could not make it work. At first, i was getting a ‘no signal’ from hdmi so i used the rca connectors instead, still ‘no signal’. After unplugging it for about an hour, i tried it again and it worked for about 10 seconds then hanged. I pressed the reset button and waited a few minutes then power on and nothing happened… Back to no signal… I unplugged it and waited for another hour but still the same results… Bringing it back tomorrow… Must be a hardware issue…

• Sal July 18, 2012, 10:39 am

I bought this device.. Everything is great.. the supplier said he will give me an update link to ICS soon.. cant wait..

The video quality is absolutely crap unless you are facing the SUN !!

• Pyramid Distribution July 18, 2012, 1:28 pm

You can login to service center to download latest firmware. Login name and password were on the front of the user manual via a sticker.

• sosordinet January 13, 2013, 2:40 pm

Hello I have new firmware of igogo TV. It is rootable with gingerbreak but dont cwm or twrp. He have new launcher optimised for tv and smoother than old.
    If you want, tell me, i’ll upload you.
    Sorry for my bad english.

• Raj V January 13, 2013, 6:51 pm

Hi Sosordinet, can you please upload the rootable GB version of Igogo TV firmware please ? You can forward the link to vbrsekhar at g m ail dot com. Thanks in advance.

• Raj V January 13, 2013, 6:54 pm

Hello Pyramid distribution, I still couldnt find the way to get out of safe mode. However, after repeated tries by trying different combinations, it is going into normal mode. But still couldnt find a proper way to get out of it.

• Janet Cloninger January 13, 2013, 9:43 pm

@Raj V This is The Gadgeteer, not Pyramid Distribution. You’ll need to contact Pyramid directly at their website.

• Lhoy January 24, 2014, 3:59 am

Hi Pyramid Distribution,

What is the service center website for the firmware download?