REVIEW – Yes, you’re right. I’ve never heard of TREBLAB either. In the age of lookalike Bluetooth speakers and unknown brands, I usually stick with the “famous names”. My son has started listening to music while working out, so I thought this might make a nice spare speaker. But first, some tire kicking!
What is it?
The TREBLAB HD77 is a rechargeable, splash-resistant Bluetooth speaker.
What’s in the box?
- TREBLAB HD77 Speaker
- 3.5mm AUX cable
- Carrying strap and carabiner
- USB/Micro USB Charging cable
- User Manual
The listed specifications are below:
- Playtime: Up to 20 hours (at 35% volume, 9 hours at 100% volume)
- Battery: 5200 mAh 3.7V rechargeable
- Water Resistance: IPX6
- Frequency: 80 Hz-16 kHz (manual insert states 100 Hz – 16khz)
- Signal Range: 33 feet / 10 m
- Function: Bluetooth 4.2, Built-In Microphone, AUX, TWS Support.
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 7.3 inches
- Weight: 1.37 lbs
- Power: 12.5W x 2
Design and features
I noticed the HD77 felt rugged, but is it waterproof? Not quite: It’s listed as IPx6, which means it’s splash-resistant. Fine to bring poolside, but don’t let it go for a swim.
There’s a flap at the bottom that covers the aux in port and the micro USB charging port. Also note the wrist strap connection on the left end.
Each end features a passive bass radiator. I like how each end is protected by a durable, rubberized plastic surround.
Upon power up, the ends glow (!) and it enters pairing mode.
Thankfully, the speaker appears in your phone’s pairing list in plain English as TREBLAB HD77. No guessing.
There are a lot of functions for just four buttons. Here’s a sampling from the manual.
It sounds great! No, the HD77 doesn’t produce bone-rattling bass. What you get is a nicely balanced sound that truly does give a full, 360-degree room-filling effect. The HD77 also has the option to pair a 2nd speaker to work in concert, but I didn’t have a second unit to test.
You can also stand the HD77 on its end since the ends are slightly raised to allow sound to travel out. This is great if you want to fill a wider area.
What I like
- The buttons have very good tactile feedback: They give a nice “click”!
- LED rings on the ends (Blue for power on, red for charging, green for full)
- Shock-resistant design
What I’d change
- Amazon listing touts “25W”. It’s really more like 12.5W x 2.
- Splash resistant at IPX6, not completely waterproof. This should be made more clear.
A good value and sounds great for a brand I’ve never heard of.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample of this product was provided by Treblab.