REVIEW – It took me many years to buy my first smartwatch. I have always been partial to large and heavy mechanical automatic watches that have a sleek and/or industrial look. A couple of years ago, I purchased my first smartwatch that was made by Fossil and it is large and boasts a design that I like. One of the reasons that I do not own an Apple watch is the design and format that is proprietary and not a design I favor. I now have the opportunity to review the Arbily Smartwatch which while much cheaper than the Apple watch, looks quite similar.
What is it?
The Arbily Smartwatch features a Heart Rate Monitor, it is waterproof, has a Sleep Tracker, a Pedometer, and a Calorie Counter,
What’s in the box
1 x Arbily Smartwatch
1 x USB Charging Dock
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- Accurate Activity Tracker: Arbily Smartwatch will track your steps, calorie, distance, heart rate, pace, and time duration automatically for the entire day. 14 exercise modes will be a good recorder for your exercise. with the data to make your workout smarter like running, basketball, cycling. etc
- Heart Rate Monitor & Long Battery Life: Arbily smartwatch will monitor your heart rate accurate and automatically, 3 kinds of heart rate data can be recorded in real-time to keep your health data for the entire day. One full charge can offer 10+days playtime, more than 20 days of standby time
- IP68 Waterproof Swimmable: IP68 waterproof designed allows you to swim when wearing it(NOTICE: It cannot track your swimming data). Besides, 4 stylish high sensitive large HD color screen interfaces can be chosen, there’s always one for you
- Smartwatch for Android & Life Reminder: Arbily smartwatch compatible with Android 4.4 above smartphones. Smartwatch supports to receive a call, alarm, SMS, SNS notifications on display; Vibration to alert you to incoming calls or messages (NOTICE: You can’t reply to a message or answer a call via the smartwatch)
This watch looks similar to the Apple watch in design and shape. It is rectangular in shape and all black with a control button on each side. As shown I also received it with the black silicone band, but other colors are available.
The watch comes with peel-off instructions on the back and underneath are the charging contacts and sensors.
The charging dock clips on to the back of the watch and has four contact pins that correspond with the watch.
Out of the box, you charge the watch fully and download and install the VeryFitPro app. The instructions are clear and it is very easy to pair the watch:
The following pictures illustrate the functions of the watch and provide the operational instructions:
Screenshots from the App:
Main screen showing info when setup to measure health and exercise information:
The following is the Heart Rate monitor in action:
The following is the function that helps you to regulate your breathing and relax:
What I like
- The number of features for the cost
- The sleek look
- The decent battery charge. (For me it lasts more than a day but that is subject to the use of functionality)
What I’d change
- Add the capability to answer calls
- Add the capability to respond to emails and messages with generic responses (ie: “Busy Now”, “Will Call Back”, etc)
The Arbily Smartwatch is a nice looking smartwatch that has several useful features and functions and is a good bang for the buck. For the price, I think it will be hard to beat if it continues to perform well over a long period of time. While I am not a fan of small rectangle watches, I do find myself wearing this watch quite often when I am running around doing chores and errands. Its connection to my phone remains solid and surprisingly so more than other smartwatches that I own that cost quite a bit more.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Arbily.