Enjoy spreadable butter with the Butterie dish

Over the years, there’s been a lot of discussion of how to get spreadable butter here on The Gadgeteer.  We’ve examined heated knives, water-immersion chambers, and even electric butter dishes.  This Butterie dish keeps it simple by just keeping the butter covered and sitting on the kitchen counter.

Butterie is made of 95% BPA-free plastic and 5% silicone.  The flip-top lid never touches the butter or the countertop for cleanliness.  It measures 9″ x 5.5″ x 3″, so it’s big enough for two sticks of butter or one of the larger European blocks.  The included spreader sits on the front knife rest. Keep it out of direct sunlight, and the butter will stay fresh for up to three weeks when kept at room temperature (68-78°F).

Both the knife and the dish are dishwasher- and microwave-safe. The Butterie Flip-Top Butter Dish and Spreader is available in cobalt blue, sunflower yellow, light blue, white, taupe, red, and ivory for $12.95 at The Grommet.

Support The Gadgeteer: The Gadgeteer’s main sources of revenue are advertising and affiliate links in articles like this one. Even though we may receive compensation, we always give our honest opinions about our experiences with each product.

2 thoughts on “Enjoy spreadable butter with the Butterie dish”




  1. Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
  2. Haha. I was wondering why someone would make someone out of 95% BPA free plastic? Couldn’t they get the other 5% out? Second read was the charm – 95% plastic (with no BPA) and 5% silicon.

    Does it work because it’s airtight? I guess that’s the feature of the ones you insert into a water bath – keeps the air out.

    I assume the silicon makes a tight seal for the cover?

    1. We’ve been using a covered porcelain dish for butter for several years now. As long as it’s not warm enough to have the butter melt into a pool, or exposed to germs by being opened, butter keeps pretty well. (Not to be taken as medical or legal advice!) Our house rarely gets hot enough to be a problem, and the butter runs out quickly enough to be fine. We just wash it every few times we refill it.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *