Today case-mate announced 8 new gadget accessories, including 7 new iPad cases. Made from a variety of materials from leather to felt to nylon, there is sure to be a case for every future iPad user. The release also announces the I Make My Case tool for BlackBerry. I Make My Case launched at CES for the iPhone. It’s an online tool where users pull from graphics, imagery and designs from world-renowned artists and re-mix these into their one-of-a kind design. Read full press release and see product photos after the jump.
CASE-MATE UNVEILS EIGHT NEW MOBILE DEVICE ACCESSORIES AT CTIA
Consumers Now Have More Ways to Stylishly Protect their Gadgets with Seven New iPad Products and the ‘I Make My Case’ Online Personalization Tool for Select BlackBerry Models
LAS VEGAS – March 23, 2010 – Case-mate, a designer of innovative accessories for mobile devices, today announced seven new iPad accessories and the latest version of its extremely popular online personalization tool, I Make My Case, which gives consumers the ability to collaborate with trendsetting global artists to create one-of-a kind covers, now for the BlackBerry 9700 and 8520 models.
“Case-mate is committed to giving consumers fashion-forward accessories that support their personal style,” said Shashi Reddy, founder and CEO of case-mate. “We believe that these eight products add unique personality to our growing array of accessories already on the market and give iPad and BlackBerry users new ways to protect their devices with style.”
I Make My Case
First announced at CES 2010 for the iPhone, I Make My Case is now available for the 8520 and 9700 BlackBerry models. I Make My Case is the first Web site of its kind in the mobile accessories space that allows users to create their own original composition by re-mixing the designs of internationally-renowned graphic artists, including Joshua Davis, Deanne Cheuk, Thomas Hooper, Matt Moore, Hannah Stouffer, Ray Frenden, Anthony Yankovic, Nigel Dennis, Shadow Chen, Chuck Anderson and more. Consumers who want the end-result without the effort can purchase a pre-designed case from the site as well.
Designed for true customization, case-mate’s I Make My Case allows users to choose all elements of their case including background color, unique effects and one-of-a-kind illustrations. Using a state-of-the-art 3D sublimation printing process that embeds ink directly into the case, case-mate ensures that the cases will not scratch or abrade with daily use.
Beginning March 23rd, consumers can create their own case for BlackBerry models at www.imakemycase.com/blackberry. Pre-designed cases will be available for $34.99 and customized made-to-order cases will be available for $39.99 per case. Finished cases will begin shipping in mid-April.
With seven new case styles for the iPad, case-mate offers something for everyone:
- I Make My Case: Offering the ultimate in personalization and protection, consumers can remix art from world-renowned artists to create a completely unique, one-of-a-kind case for their iPad.
- Tough: The Hybrid Tough case for the iPad uses the protective power of dual layers. A form-fitting silicone skin surrounds the iPad completely, absorbing each impact or hard knock. Wrapped around the skin is an ABS plastic shell for complete security, adding another level of protection – and making for a firm grip.
- Gelli: The Gelli adds a splash of color while keeping the iPad safe with a fully protective, cutting-edge flexible thermoplastic material. The Gelli is soft, light and sports a unique pattern to guarantee the iPad will stand out.
- Felt Folio: Sporting a side-opening and leather accents, the Felt Folio includes light storage with additional pockets and keeps the iPad secure with a magnetic strap while on the go.
- Leather Commuter: This executive folio made of premium tan leather offers magnetic locks embedded into the case for a sleek protective fit.
- Nylon Folio: Created out of a black ballistic nylon material, this splash-resistant folio is the perfect basic for a minimalistic mindset.
- Stand: An innovative stand for the iPad, the stand offers both landscape and portrait modes for viewing. Its unique design collapses and snaps together for easy storage when not in use.
The portfolio of iPad accessories will be available in Q2 and will range in price from $20.00 – $80.00. All products will be available at www.case-mate.com.
Launching innovative accessories since 2006, case-mate combines design engineering with cutting-edge materials to protect, adorn and enhance mobile technology. A melting pot of entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world, case-mate believes that there is nothing more important than the freedom of self-expression … our mantra “Freedom To Be Truly You” inspires every creative output, every day. This core principle carries through our products, packaging and partnerships and brings to life case-mate’s vision in a dynamic technology marketplace. To learn more, please visit www.case-mate.com <http://www.case-mate.com> .