San Diego based LifeProof has just announced 2 new protective cases for the Samsung Galaxy S3. The nüüd and frē cases offer extreme protection and usability for this popular Android smartphone. Features include:
- Waterproof down to 6.6 feet / 2 meters for 1 hour
- Shock proof to Military Standard 810F-516 to withstand drops and shocks from 6.6 feet / 2 meters
- CrystalClear double anti-reflective (AR) coated camera-grade glass lens
- Access to all buttons, ports, functions and features
- Headphone jack and charge port are covered from the elements until they are needed
The Samsung Galaxy S III case comes in two versions, the LifeProof nüüd, which has been designed to allow access to the smartphone screen; and the LifeProof frē, which has a built-in screen covering for users that want additional screen protection.
The thing that makes these protective cases stick out a little more than similar offerings from other companies, is that the case is rugged and protective without being overly bulky. Too bad they are only available in black… I guess they think only guys will be buying an extreme case.
Both the nüüd and the frē are available at Best Buy and on the LifeProof website: $89.99 for the nüüd and $79.99 for the frē. LifeProof also offers similar cases for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad mini. Hopefully they will offer a version for the S4 soon too.