Content Nav Menu

Fijit Friends for Your Daughter

on August 18, 2011 12:00 pm

These little Radica Fijit Friends from ThinkGeek are cuddly and cute.  ThinkGeek, and the video on their Fijit page, say these toys are for girls, but I think they might appeal to younger kids of both genders.  Be aware that they are recommended for ages 6+ because they have small parts that could pose a choking risk.  They are interactive, recognizing 30 keywords and responding with 150 phrases.  Their faces light up to show they’re listening and ready to play.  Fijits hear and respond to music by dancing.  And they have Sonic Chirp technology that listens for signals from the Fijit Friends website that will unlock new phrases and dance moves.  These robots are 8.6″ tall and weigh 1.6 pounds.  They come in four colors, but you’ll receive a random color.  Each Fijit is $49.99.

Comments

1. 1
    Bob DeLoyd says:

Yes Janet every little boy would really love one of these wonderfully cute tiny robots for dismantling with a screwdriver, spreading its innards about on the floor, and testing the dismembered parts to see how it works :P

2. 2
    Janet Cloninger says:

Not just boys! Some girls do that too, but I think I, err, THEY are just better at hiding the evidence! :)

3. 3
    Bob DeLoyd says:

I caught hell dissecting my little sister’s Chatty Cathy doll :)

4. 4
    Janet Cloninger says:

I just stuck with stuff like the alarm clock and my little stereo… Although I did always give haircuts to my dolls and wonder why it never grew back.

5. 5
    Julie says:

@Janet That’s too funny. I used to bully my sister into letting me cut her barbie’s hair… I had a Ken doll, his hair was plastic ;)

6. 6
    Janet Cloninger says:

@Julie After some of the haircuts I gave them, all my dolls had plastic hair.

And I wonder why didn’t Ken get real hair?

7. 7

Haha, funny banter here, that’s funny I never did any of that stuff with my toys, I was too busy wondering why the drivers on the Thomas The Tank Engine episodes were always stood still… :P

Fijit Friends really do look cool, Logan is quite sporty so in theory could appear to small boys.

8. 8
    Dave Giaimo says:

Just got Logan for my eight year old son today, from Amazon ($44.99), and he LOVES it – nothing feminine about it, it is simply a personable humanoid robot with a limited vocabulary (150 phrases) and the ability to listen to and respond to 30 commands. This is a lot of technology for relatively small investment, and I’m sure most kids will get hours of fun out of it – particularly once they release more “chirps” on the Fijit Friends website, so that more antics can be unlocked.

9. 9
    Jennifer says:

My six year old boy want the blue one Logan I’m scardif I get it for him for Christmas he won’t like it bec it a girl. Help me !!

10. 10
    nicole says:

are these Bluetooth or are they just for iPod?