Control Your TV with the Television Remote Control Watch

Hammacher Schlemmer is selling a watch that makes sure you always have a television remote control at hand.  The brushed stainless-steel watch is 2″ H x 1 5/8″ W x 1/2″ thick and has a 1″ wide black silicone band.  It functions as a digital timepiece with alarm, calendar, and chronograph.  Six buttons along the bezel control volume, power, channel selection, and play/rewind/fast-forward functions for televisions, DVD players, and most other devices that use IR signals.  You select the device to be controlled by entering its 3-digit code.  The Television Remote Control Watch is $99.95.

Posted in: Audio, Video, TV Gear, News, Watches, Clocks

• Jonathan January 18, 2011, 7:46 am

Hideous design and high price! A search on eBay for ‘remote watch’ will return a number of watches (some with touch screen, others in a 1980s-style digital with big buttons) for $5-10.

• Julie January 18, 2011, 7:56 am

@Jonathan Funny, I think it looks pretty cool ;)

• Chris Jones January 18, 2011, 11:18 am

That’s an old idea. I had a casio watch that did that back in the early 90’s that I used all the time. I did a quick google search of ‘casio remote control watch’ and saw they’re still making it (looks similar to what I had).

It was great… I waited tables in a sports bar in a hotel, and there were 30+ tv’s there. Folks would ask me if I could change the channel to a different game and I’d say “sure… just a sec” and change it with my watch. Their jaws always dropped to the floor. :) Then there were the times I’d mess with folks and just stand off to the side and change the channel. Ahhh… good times.

The current casio watch looks cheaper too…. and I’d trust casio.
    -chris

• GODMODE January 18, 2011, 1:34 pm

I still have a watch like this I bought nearly 20 years ago. it would even learn the functions if they were not included. This looks much more swankier, though.

• Martin January 18, 2011, 2:45 pm

The face on this watch says “DVD, VCD, LD, VIR”.

The 70’s called. They want their Laser Disc player back!

• Adam Scinto January 18, 2011, 10:05 pm

Why in the world would it have a tachymeter scale on the face?

• andix January 19, 2011, 9:50 am

it’s not a tachymeter scale, it’s a pulse rate to measure the user’s anger when it’s not working.

• Danny_Danial January 20, 2011, 11:31 pm

Nice One
    I love It!~!

• klom June 16, 2011, 6:32 pm

I have one, it works great, you can get for just 9.99 euro (10 dollars) here: http://www.123relojes.com/