Sleepwalk at camp in toasty mobility with Selk’bag

Ever thought of sleeping bags as too restrictive?  Have a look at the Selk’bag Sleepware System (click here for US and here for UK).  Designed and tested in the Chilean Andes and redesigned for its 3rd-gen release, the Selk’bag features baffled construction; soft but durable ripstop, water-resistant nylon shell; leg vents; reinforced nylon soles with traction grip; reversible hand-zippers; double front entry-zippers, right hip zipper; drawstring hood, thermal neck collar , MP3 player pocket, compact carry sack and more.  Choose from 3G Adult ($149), 3G Kid ($99) or super-warm 3G Down ($299).

Posted in: News, Outdoor Gear
  • Michael July 20, 2010, 11:25 pm

Ah the midnight walk to the toilets just got a whole lot more comfortable. I wonder if there is a WiFi version or only 3G.

• Travis L July 21, 2010, 10:04 am

@Michael: I don’t see a zipper for that… unless it is hiding a feature inside.
    This is a cool idea however.

• Andy Jacobs July 21, 2010, 1:13 pm

@ Travis L – Zipper, schmipper! You have to teleport into it! 😉

• Bob Deloyd July 21, 2010, 5:41 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about the zipper/toilet thingy, too! The toilet would be my main reason to go walk about in the middle of the night….
    Great idea!

• Michael July 22, 2010, 3:44 am

&Travis L

Oh dear you are right. This is from the website FAQ

What About Going To The Toilet? Is There A Fly?
    No. When visiting the toliet the Selk’Bag should be unzipped and pulled down.

I guess if you are at a camping ground it would still simplify things. No need to get out of sleeping bag in tent and then dressed enough to brave the freezing walk to the toilet block. But you still have to undress when you get there. It presumably also lacks all the advantages of being able to zip your sleeping back together with your camping companions 🙂

• John Kes July 23, 2010, 2:32 pm

Yes! Snuggie for campers! 4 lb is not too heavy, either.

• Chris Sandier April 4, 2014, 3:30 pm

These are awesome. I need one…I just won’t drink too much before going to bed.