Multi-tasking Egg & Muffin Toaster

If you’re a fan of the breakfast sandwich, the multi-tasking Egg & Muffin toaster by Back-to-Basics may be your new favorite kitchen gadget.  First, it can (of course) toast an English muffin, a bagel or two slices of toast.  Second, it can warm a slice of Canadian bacon or a sausage patty.  Third, it can either poach an egg or hard-boil four of them.  All functions can be done simultaneously or independently.  Back-to-Basics does not appear to have a website, but this item is available through many online sellers and of course at Amazon.  Prices vary, but typically around $35.  Note that there is also a 4-slice, 2-egg version for a few more $.  Bon appétit!

Posted in: Home and Kitchen, News
  • Jackie Cheng February 2, 2010, 1:30 pm

Wish they had this invention back when I was in college…lol

• Andy Jacobs February 2, 2010, 1:49 pm

@ Jackie Cheng : Me too! Between this, mac & cheese and Papa John’s pizza, that would have been my 3 square meals per day!

• Julie February 2, 2010, 2:17 pm

@Andy High five on Papa John’s pizza!

• Hai February 2, 2010, 3:39 pm

What? No hash brown maker? What about making coffee? I’m just kidding. This sounds like a fine idea.

• Blacknimbus February 2, 2010, 7:22 pm

I’d buy something like this and have to give it away or toss it after a few months because I got really fat. I had to throw out a deep fryer because I couldn’t stop using it in college…lol.

mmm..deep fried burritos.

• BaldSpot February 2, 2010, 10:42 pm

The same company makes a great little blender. We own three of them (one at home, two at work.) Perfect for those quickie shakes.

• Ryan Peters February 8, 2010, 3:27 pm
  • Andy Jacobs February 9, 2010, 9:49 am

@ Ryan Peters – I did discover that site during my research prior to posting the article, but it appeared to me that the Focus Electrics site was not the actual Back to Basics site, but possibly more of an authorized seller. In any case, thanks for posting that link.

• Patty June 10, 2010, 6:58 pm

I got one on clearance and it was missing the poaching dish, I called the company and they sent me the dish without a problem.

This is my favorite kitchen appliance.:) And you can make it a healthy breakfast.

I use english muffins that are low fat and with Splenda (amazingly enough taste great), any pre-cooked meat(bacon takes too long to get crunchy, but I put it in the microwave for a few seconds) and the egg comes out perfectly. Sprinkle cheddar, or a slice of your favorite cheese and you are good to go. All ready in about 5 minutes.

It is worth it and now I found out they have the 4 slice/2egg toaster.Beautiful temptation! 😀