We use affiliate links. If you buy something through the links on this page, we may earn a commission at no cost to you. Learn more.
ARTICLE – Ever since March of 2020, I’ve essentially been working from home, so that leaves me requiring a manageable quantity of every-day carry items. On the rare occasions I have to go into the office, I take my 13″ MacBook Pro and a small leather bag with me. Most days, this is my minimum carry.
Usually I keep everything except my watch and phone in the same pocket, front left.
- Baronfig Squire rollerball pen – easily slips into a pocket, this perfectly balanced pen is wonderful to write with, and better than using the public pen at a pick-up window. ($59, baronfig.com)
- iPhone 12 Pro – currently rocking zero case to let that beautiful engineering shine through. ($730 unlocked, amazon.com)
- Olight Beagle folding knife – I reviewed this in 2021 and it’s still one of my favorite knives. I carry it almost everywhere.
- AirPods Pro – I bought these at launch and they’ve been amazing. Active noise cancellation, spatial audio, wireless charging, and extremely pocketable. ($197, amazon.com)
- RovyVon Aurora A5x Flashlight – because sometimes you need a better light than a phone flash. This little guy has 650 lumens of power, a rechargeable battery, is tiny, and the entire body glows in the dark. ($37.95, amazon.com)
- Small d20 dice – I love tabletop gaming and this is just a little die to fidget with in my pocket. Sometimes I’ll even give it a roll to act as a tie-breaker in decisions. Pizza or tacos, can’t decide? Let’s roll for food initiative! ($15, amazon.com)
- Lip balm – usually Burt’s Bees or something similar, don’t skimp on your skin care, people. ($9.57 per 4-pack, amazon.com)
- Supr Good Co. Slim 1 Elastic Wallet – I switch up my wallets quite often, but currently am carrying this little elastic 1-slot wallet. There’s an extra $20 bill folded up in there as well, just in case. ($19, suprgood.com)
- Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field Watch – I almost always wear a watch and just happened to be wearing this one today. The Hamilton Khaki is a recent addition to my collection and you can’t get much more EDC than this. Leaning on its classic military heritage, this hand-wound watch features an 80-hour reserve, bright lume, easy to read dial, and 5 bar water resistance. I opted for the stainless steel bracelet since I have quite a few bands that fit the 20mm lugs, and I really liked the look of the bracelet. ($416 with leather NATO strap, amazon.com)
When I do venture out, I have an extra couple things to throw in my pockets.
- My keys, with a Thread Wallets wrist lanyard ($11, Amazon) and Apple AirTag with custom printed initials ($29, Amazon)
- And a face mask that I got for signing up for the 2021 Adobe MAX virtual event
See the rest of the Gadgeteer team’s 2022 gear posting articles.