REVIEW – As I continue to set the scene for the summer and to set up the new bar in my new home, I decided to seize the opportunity to test yet another Ice Maker to not only possibly run two simultaneously to double the output of ice but also once again because I am all about gadgets. Enter the Trustech Ice Maker!!
What is it?
The Trustech Ice Maker is a Self-Cleaning compact Ice Cube Maker with Ice Scoop & Basket that is designed for use on a countertop. It will work well in the kitchen, office, or bar in any home. It produces approximately 9 ice cubes in 6 minutes.
What’s in the box
1 x Trustech Ice Maker
1 x Ice Scoop
1 x User Manual
Design and features
- SELF-CLEANING FUNCTION: This a countertop Ice maker with a self-cleaning function. Just press the on/off button for 5S to start self-cleaning.
- 9 CUBES READY IN 6 MINS: Our ice maker produces 9 ice cubes within only 6-8 minutes. It even can produce up to 26.5 pounds of ice per day.
- BULLET-SHAPED 2 SIZE SELECTABLE：There are 2 optional ice sizes optional. The bullet-shaped ice lasts longer and is less likely to stick together. The ice is great for cooling drinks and can fit into small water bottle openings. There is a large translucent window for easy observation.
- INTELLIGENT ONE TOUCH OPERATION: There is an intuitive control panel. When there is not enough water in the tank, an indicator light will come on to remind you to add more water. Or when the ice bucket is full, the ice maker will remind you to take out the extra ice so the maker could start making more ice.
- COMPACT ICE MAKER AND WIDE APPLICATIONS: This countertop portable ice maker has wide applications with compact size 10(D)*14(W)*13(H) inches. With a portable and compact design, our countertop ice maker is easy to carry and operate.
- Size:10 x 14 x 13 inches
- Color: Black
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Wattage: 120 Watts
- Capacity: 1.5 Liters
- Ice storage: 1.5 Pounds
The photos below show all sides of the Trustech Ice Maker including the controls on the top, the insides that contain the water reservoir, the ice bucket, the vent at the back, the fan on the side, and the water drain plug on the bottom.
The process to set up the Trustech Ice Maker so that it can produce ice is very simple:
The photo below shows the amount of ice that was produced in about 90 minutes:
Here is a better look at the ice in a bowl:
Ready to mix my drink:
The Trustech Ice Maker produces ice a bit faster than a previous model that I tested. However, I still think that because of the time to produce and the limited capacity, that this type of ice maker is better suited for specific situations where the speed of delivery and the volume of ice is not the overwhelming need.
During operation it is quiet and the “bullet” shaped ice that it produces is great for drinks. As I established after testing the first ice maker, the large ice cubes are more practical and so I stuck with making those. This machine does produce the first small quantity of ice within 9 ~ 12 minutes.
What I like
- The build quality
- The ice “cubes” it produces
- The relatively quiet operation
- The ease of use
What I’d change
- I would like it to produce ice a bit faster
Overall I like the Trustech Ice Maker. It operates quietly and produces ice that is great for drinks. If the need is for a small group of people then it works well. Otherwise, you will have to start running it from the day before to produce enough ice for a larger group. Even now, for entertaining several people I still end up buying bags of ice from the store. However, when I am sitting in my office and enjoying a drink by myself or with a couple of clients, this is great.
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Trustech.