REVIEW – I was diagnosed as diabetic back in 2004 and in 2011, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Both of those life events made a major impact on my life and body. When I found out that I was diabetic, I immediately cut out sugar and after recovering from cancer treatments, I started working out again and have tried to be mindful of what I put in my body. I’m not perfect and I know my diet lacks the number of veggies that we’re told that we need each day. Is there an easy way to add what we might be missing without cooking or eating serving after serving of veggies? Nope. But there might be a way to supplement our diet and that’s where SuperGreen TONIK comes in. Let’s check it out
What is it?
According to the container and their site, SuperGreen TONIK is the ultimate fuel for your body and mind. It claims to give you more energy, reduce stress, increase focus and concentration, boost the immune system, and provide better sleep. All in one scoop of powder mixed with 12 ounces of water. Big claims huh?
What do you get in a 45 Calorie, 3 Grams of Protein, 2 Grams of Fiber, 1 Gram of Sugar, 22 Vitamins, and 16 Superfood scoop of powder mixed with 12 ounces of water?
Everything you see above is in one scoop of the SuperGreen TONIK and each canister has 30 servings.
First of all, TONIK includes a lot of vitamins that you typically see in a multi-vitamin and even some that you normally don’t like Iron, Folate, and Vitamin K.
The superfoods are in their organic greens blend and they tell you exactly what they include on the label which is better than some other green drinks that just say that they have a proprietary blend and don’t give you the exact details of that blend.
Let’s go over some of the benefits of each superfood that is included in their organic blend.
- Spirulina is supposed to improve your levels of blood lipids, suppress oxidation, reduce blood pressure and lower blood sugar
- Kale can help lower cholesterol, which may reduce the risk of heart disease
- Spinach may benefit eye health, reduce oxidative stress and reduce blood pressure levels among other health functions
- Barley grass is rich in several nutrients and may promote weight loss, enhance heart health, and support better blood sugar control
- Chlorella can improve your cholesterol and blood sugar levels, among other health benefits
- Moringa may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and protect against arsenic toxicity
Then there’s the nootropic blend for your brain.
- Ashwaganda is a medicinal herb that may help to reduce cortisol levels, significantly reduce anxiety and insomnia, and improvements in reaction time and task performance
- Bacopa herb may help boost brain function, treat ADHD symptoms, and reduce stress and anxiety
- Adaptogen optimizes mind-body performance such as reduced mental fatigue, improved sleep patterns, and increased motivation
- L-theanine is an amino acid found in both green and black tea. Research indicates that L-theanine promotes relaxation without drowsiness
- Ginkgo Biloba has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capacities and an ability to improve circulation. Studies also suggest that it supports vision and eye health, along with promoting brain function and well-being
- L-Tyrosine may improve mental function
Last but not least is the Immune blend
- Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Dandelion may have antimicrobial and antiviral properties, which could support your body’s ability to fight infection
- Olive leaf extract supports immune function and helping with inflammation
Preparing the SuperGreen TONIK is simple. Just mix one scoop (the scoop is included in the container) with 12 ounces of cold water. Mix in a shaker cup or blender. Drink. You can also add a scoop to a smoothie which is what I did most of the time. Here’s a quick video where I talk about the taste.
My favorite way to use the SuperGreen TONIK is in a smoothie. Here’s my recipe that I think tastes great.
1 scoop of SuperGreen TONIK
3/4 of cup of frozen spinach
Dash of salt
A couple packets of stevia
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of almond butter
A couple ice cubes
12 ounces of cold water
I then use my Ninja blender to liquify everything. Yum!
What I like
- The greens blend uses organic/high-quality ingredients with no artificial sweeteners or flavors
- Includes some vitamins and minerals not normally included in a typical multi-vitamin
- Easy to prepare
- Taste is pleasant
What I’d change
At $87 a month or $2.90 a serving, the SuperGreen TONIK is pricey. However, if you were to buy all the vitamins, minerals, and other supplements included in the blend individually, the price for a 30 day supply would be considerably pricier.
Do I think that the SuperGreen TONIK is worth the price and could I tell any noticeable benefits? The answer to both of those questions is complicated because I couldn’t feel any discernable changes/benefits after drinking the TONIK every day for the past 3 weeks. Other than the lack of flu shot side effects which I mention in the video above, I’ve felt exactly the same while testing this product. That’s not to say that maybe the TONIK is giving me benefits that I am not noticing, but are happening in my body. The problem is that I can’t give you a definitive answer one way or another. All I can really tell you is that the SuperGreen TONIK tastes pleasant (to me), and it includes a lot of ingredients that are supposed to be healthy and beneficial. If I were looking to buy a green powder, I would be more likely to buy the SuperGreen TONIK because they list the ingredients and amounts in each serving so you know exactly what you’re drinking.
I still have a couple weeks left of servings and I plan to continue using the powder. If I notice any differences, I will update the review once I’ve finished the entire container.
Price: $87.00 for 30 servings or save by buying in bulk. 3 tubs for $227, and 5-tubs for $327. Free US shipping.
Where to buy: SuperGreen TONIK
Source: The sample for this review was provided by SuperGreen TONIK.