NEWS – Outdoor security cameras comes in a variety of formats – doorbell cams, wall-mounted cameras, even peephole cameras, but Remo+ has the first wireless, over-the-door camera that requires no complicated installation. You simply hang it over the top of the door, just like you’d hang one of those wreath holders at Christmas time. You can monitor any doorway, inside or outside.
The DoorCam is a smart HD camera with a built-in motion sensor, 2-way talk, and night vision. It’s battery operated; the 3 D-cell batteries may last 12 months before replacing. It installs in seconds by simply hanging it over the top of the door. The antenna and Wi-Fi chipset are placed inside the home to limit Wi-Fi connection interference from thick building materials.
- Stream high quality HD (1280 x 720) or VGA (640 x 480) videos with 160° wide-angle view
- Speak to and listen to visitors with full duplex audio using the free Remo+ app
- Cloud recording allows you to access all videos within last 30 days from your phone, including missed activities ($3/mo; $30/yr)
- PIR sensor – Customize motion sensor sensitivity to detect relevant activities in real time
- See what’s happening at your door whenever you want with On Demand Live Streaming
- Link DoorCam with your Alexa or Google Home device for even smarter features
- DoorCam is weatherproofed to withstand most weather at temperatures 0-122°F
- iOS app supports iPad or iPhone 4S or above running iOS 7.1 or above
- Supports Android phone or tablet 4.1 or above
The DoorCam is $199.00 from Remo+. You may also be able to find it at local retailers.
2 thoughts on “Remo+ offers the first wireless, over-the-door security camera”
Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
I bought a Remo+ DoorCam and the installation was a bit challenging. The initial connecting of the device to my home network took 8-10 tries, I lost count, before it connected. While the system supports multiple recipients for alerts, all must use the same access ID.
The time between alert and commencing video capture is not quick enough to snag the face of a quick package stealer but if someone is actually at your door, it is more than quick enough.
The instruction manual is very minimal thus here are a few more links:
1) The DoorCam will send a push notification on all motion detection if you have “frequent” push notifications set in the device settings. More info here – https://cloud.remoplus.co/help_list.php#
2) We have some videos and info on our website that might be of interest to you. The quick start guide that came in the box and the app are pretty much everything you need to get started. Other than that you can check out our blog with some tips and our website FAQ’s for each device should answer most of your step-by-step experience questions.
Overall, I am keeping the unit as the benefits outweigh the annoyances.
3 months and I am on my second set of batteries. Not too bad but not the duration I expected. Sadly it lost the connection to my home network and I am back to trying to get it connected. I cannot recommend anyone buy this product. The reliability for something that needs to work all the time is too flaky. Better off looking at the companies that have been at this a while.