Content Nav Menu

Don’t Get Caught Flat-Footed Without a Flashlight Again

on September 6, 2012 12:00 pm

The Gadgeteer has covered a lot of flashlights in the past, but I don’t recall seeing a flat one before.  This little Flat Flashlight from Perpetual Kid is small enough to fit on your keychain or in a pocket, so you’ll never find yourself without a flashlight again.  It’s only 2.5 inches long X 1.75 inches wide, and it has a cool retro styling.  It’s only $6.99, so you can have one on your keychain and a couple others stashed around without breaking the bank.  It would also make a cool bedside flashlight for those monsters-in-the-closet emergencies kids sometimes experience.

Comments

1. 1
    Andrew Baker says:

BHAHAHAH
    I had a flashlight that looked like this

for the longest time. Then one day I backed over it. It looked EXACTLY like what is pictured above.

2. 2
    ajax says:

I’ll stick with the Photon keychain light.
    Indestructible, cheap, waterproof, unobtrusive.

3. 3
    Lex says:

This does look like my boyhood light squished. I carried Photon Microlights for years but they’re maybe 4-6 lumens? Plus I tired of all the labor it takes to replace its uncommon battery. I now carry this small .5 watt light (26 lumens) running on 1 AAA. http://tinyurl.com/9ptf66v

4. 4
    Tyler says:

There are a lot of high quality flashlights that are WAY sturdier than the flat one shown in this article with a similar cost. The flat flashlight seems more like a novelty item than something that would be actually useful.

5. 5
    brett says:

What, haha since when do they even make flashlights that are this size and shape haha!

Thanks for the article though, I guess you learn new things everyday.

6. 6

That is a funny looking flashlight, I guess it would be easier to fit into your pocket… Thanks

7. 7

That’s hilarious! Not sure I’d last two minutes with a light looking like that I’d get ridiculed by my buddies. However it looks incredibly handy for putting into your back pocket

8. 8
    Jeremy says:

That’ a sweet flashlight, easy to pack and it won’t go rolling away on you, but it does look like it got run over by a car.