Spotlight Gadget – KatKabin

kat-kabin

Dogs have always had their dog houses and now cats can have cabins. The next time your cat stays out prowling around all night, he can come home to his own comfy little cabin. I wonder if a cat would actually get in one of these though… If you want to give it a try, get your own KatKabin at I Want One Of Those.com.

Posted in: Home, Kitchen

• FatboyDimUK March 5, 2009, 4:02 am

I think it needs a proper test.. e.g. whether it’s dog proof, I can guess my dogs would pounce on it and probably smash it ending in my poor kitty kat being flattened and my pooches will be laughing!

Dan

• Jake March 5, 2009, 10:27 am

count me out. I don’t have a cat

• Tony C March 5, 2009, 12:21 pm

Cats LOVE cozy little nooks like this, but for a lot less money (free really), you could get by with a shoebox or some other cardboard or plastic container.

• Hai Vu March 5, 2009, 4:02 pm

I wonder if they have a larger version: I would put one of those in my office for a quick nap :-)

• Karel Jansens March 5, 2009, 5:05 pm

I iz in ur kabin, eatin ur Cs.

• FatCatAnna March 5, 2009, 7:18 pm

Ouch – abit expensive for a “will it be used”. My cats seem quite happy with hanging out in the filing box – or box from the super market – or in my crotch at night time – not sure if they would go for something like this – but it is cute nevertheless.

• Meredyth March 5, 2009, 10:37 pm

Actually, my Dachshund would love this– she loves hiding in tight spaces :)

• syAnaz March 25, 2009, 7:40 am

Whatta cute one

• Katharine Taylor June 12, 2009, 8:19 am

I have a Kat Kabin for my cats and they love it! They snuggle up inside it together. It’s great because they have somewhere to sleep when I’m out at work during the day. Wish they made adult size ones!

• M Jenkins December 22, 2010, 5:39 am

Would definitely NOT recommend. The construction leaves gaps which can allow water to enter. It is not insulated and although the “add on” liner allows extra protection it can move and block entry into the unit. Anyway, why would anyone with a domestic cat use one of these (they should only be used if you have a stray cat in your garden which needs shelter) why don’t you have a cat flap on your door?

• Ashley October 27, 2011, 6:39 pm

Hope this works! We just got ours, we have a cat flap but my german shepard doesn’t always let him in :( so instead of the times when I’m not in to rescue him we bought this, think it seems abit cold inside but I’ve put the bottom of his furry bed in an an old cosy scarf :D we’ll see how it goes!