REVIEW – A few months ago I tested the ACEMAGICIAN AMR5 mini PC and I loved it so much that it is the PC that I use most frequently in my home office for regular browsing, documents, and audio and video editing. Last month, my EDC laptop developed an issue with the power port that will likely require me to open the laptop and replace the port. Since I really would prefer not to do that work on a laptop that is a few years old, I decided to look into buying a new one with the specs that I at least need and hoped that it would be cost-effective. While in that process, I received the opportunity to test and review this ACEMAGICIAN AMD Ryzen 5 560U Mini PC. In my mind, it was small enough and powerful enough to be my new EDC PC if it performed well and if I could of course carry the necessary accessories in a compact and manageable way that would fit nicely into my backpack. Let’s see!
What is it?
The ACEMAGICIAN Mini PC Intel 12th Gen N95 features 8GB DDR4 Ram, 256GB M.2 SSD, Windows 11 Pro, 4K Dual Display Capable, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 5, and USB 3.0.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x ACEMAGICIAN Mini PC AD03 N95 Intel 12th Gen N95
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x HDMI Cable
- 1 x VESA Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- 1 x User Manual
Processor: Intel Alder Lake-N N95
RAM: 8GB DDR4
Hard Drive: 256GB M.2 SSD
Chipset Brand: Intel
Card Description: Integrated
Video Interface: 1X HDMI (4K@60Hz) & 1 x DP
Wireless Type: Bluetooth/WiFI
Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 4
Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 2
Design and features
- Powerful Performance with the Latest Processor: AD03 mini pc windows 11 pro is built-in faster 12th Generation Intel N95 processors, Max Turbo Frequency up to 3.40 GHz (4C/4T). If you are looking for a quiet and compact PC that will be used for visual home entertainment, streaming video, web browsing, and work, Intel N95 processors will be perfect for you.
- 8GB DDR4 & 256GB M.2 SSD: Equipped With 8G DDR4 and 256GB M.2 SSD, AD03 Mini Computers n95 has better performance and more stable data transmission. Support expandable memory up to 16GB (not included), supports M.2 2280 NGFF SSD/ 2.5″ SSD expansion up to 2TB (not included.)
- 4K@60Hz Dual Screen Display: The Mini Computer is equipped with Intel UHD Graphics eligible to support 4K@60Hz, which brings you a clearer, smoother video experience. HDMI + DisplayPort allows you to connect two monitors at the same time, allowing you to work more efficiently and with max productivity!
- Stable connection, fast transmission: The mini desktop comes with 1x USB-C port, 4x USB 2.0 ports, and 2x USB 3.0 ports for easy connection of various devices, WiFi 2.4G+5G Dual Band networking ensures stable, high-speed data transfers, even in crowded networking environments. Bluetooth 4.2 connect faster Speed, Farther Coverage.
- Compact Design: Mini PC is compact and lightweight at 129mm x 137mm x 54.5mm, it can be placed almost anywhere and even attached to the back of a display with a VESA mount for a space-saving, all-in-one solution. Support Auto Power on, Smart Power On ensures that your PC stays up-to-use.
The ACEMAGICIAN Mini PC Intel 12th Gen N95 Is a small lightweight and compact device. The case is made of plastic. It features all of the ports along the front and back and cooling vents on the sides. On the front from left to right audio out, mic in, USB-C PD, 2 x USB-2.0, 2 x USB-3.0, and the power on/off button. On the rear of the mini PC as shown below, from left to the right the ports are 2 x USB-2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort, 2 x Ethernet 1 x power port.
The mini PC sets up much like any Windows PC. You simply have to follow the prompts during the quick and easy process.
The ACEMAGICIAN Mini PC AD03 N95 Intel 12th Gen N95 performs well for most applications and runs smoothly. It easily handles applications like Adobe Premiere, and Adobe Audition, although I have not attempted to render some of the over 100GB raw video files that I sometimes work with. It has been good with smaller files even up to the 8GB file that I tested it with. No issues with the standard office applications. I am not a gamer so I am not able to provide any information regarding how it handles games. The following screenshots show the results and confirmation of some of the specs using the CPUID application:
Next, I ran a benchmark test using Novabench. This is the free version of the application. More details are available if the paid version is used:
Lastly, I tested the benchmark ranking using Cinebench:
Here is a look at my current mobile setup. The ACEMAGICIAN AD03 N95 Intel 12th Gen N95 Mini PC, the foldable Bluetooth keyboard, the Bluetooth mouse, and the 10″ touch monitor all fit nicely in a case that fits into my backpack.
Note: I have not been able to get the DisplayPort to work with the DisplayPort to HDMI adapter that I purchased. I will try a different cable soon.
What I like
- The compact, portable, and sleek design
- It is well built
- The versatile connectivity including the options of HDMI and DisplayPort
- The dual Ethernet ports
- It is relatively powerful and runs quietly
What I’d change
- Nothing as yet
The ACEMAGICIAN AD03 N95 Intel 12th Gen N95 Mini PC is well-built and provides enough connectivity for most use cases and performs well enough to handle every application I have tested and use daily and in my opinion likely most of the games I have seen my friends play. I am not a gamer so I have no qualified authority to be decisive in that area, but I am otherwise very pleased. I have replaced my EDC laptop with a power issue with this mini PC and a foldable keyboard. I leave a 15.6″ 4K portable monitor at work and one at home. This works for me for now. I give ACEMAGICIAN a well done and two thumbs up for this mini PC.
Price: $219 – Amazon; $282 – ACEMAGICIAN Website
Where to buy: ACEMAGICIAN Website (get free shipping and a 25% discount sitewide with code: ace2023) and on Amazon there’s a $50 instant coupon
Source: The sample of this product was provided by ACEMAGICIAN