REVIEW – In the last few years, my son was introduced to airsoft. One of my Dad Pet Peeves is how he keeps his airsoft rifle in the flimsy cardboard box it came in. Fortunately, an affordable, well made alternative came my way from LA Police Gear (LAPG).
What is it?
The LAPG 36″ Rifle Case will hold a rifle or shotgun up to 36″ long.
- Holds One 36″ Rifle (42″ length available)
- Overall Length: 38″ x 13″ x 2.5″
- Lockable Main Compartment Zippers
- Integrated Rifle Retention Straps
- Padded Interior
- Carry Handle
- Stowable Backpack Straps
- Comes With Three MOLLE Double Rifle Magazine Pouches
- Clear ID Panel On Back
- 9″ x 11″ MOLLE Web Panel (6 Rows x 6 Columns)
- 3″ x 3″ Loop Panel To Attach Patches
- 12″ x 12″ Zippered Pocket On Right Front
- 12″ x 12″ Pocket With Internal Organization On Left Front
- 12″ x 7.75″ Zippered Mesh Pocket
- 12″ x 12″ Zippered Pocket
- Two Pouches With Hook & Loop Closure Straps
- Three Slots For Pens/Penlights
- 5.75″ x 3.25″ Pouch To Hold Phone/Similar Sized Accessories
- Two Straps With D-Rings To Hold Keys
Design and features
The interior of the rifle case is padded and includes integrated rifle retention straps and lockable zippers. The front has MOLLE attachments and three magazine pouches. There is also a 12″x 12″ zippered pocket on the right and a clamshell pocket on the left with internal dividers.
Here, my son stuck one of the magazines in the front pouch.
This is the clamshell pouch. Note the mesh panel on the left, and the multiple organizers on the right.
The right side of the Rifle Case features a simple zippered compartment ideal for documentation.
The back side, shown with backpack straps. The straps can be stowed away when not in use.
Close up of the main, lockable zipper.
This is the interior with my son’s airsoft rifle. I have no idea why it’s not secured better (kids!) but the interior is well padded.
Each end of the rifle case features a padded triangular pocket, providing additional protection.
What I like
- Locking main zipper for light security
- Comes in different colors
- Branding isn’t too in-your-face
What I’d change
- The case itself feels slightly floppy
For my son, who is just dabbling in airsoft, this rifle case is more than enough. None of us use real firearms (pistols, rifles, shotguns) so I can’t speak to how useful this might be for something requiring heavier field use. I’m just happy it’s a big step up from the cardboard box.
Where to buy: LA Police Gear
Source: The sample of this product was provided by LA Police Gear.
2 thoughts on “LA Police Gear 36″ rifle case review”
Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
some of the la police gear is ok, the old adage you get what you pay for fits their gear pretty well…i had one of their branded flashlights and after the 3rd light i told them to just give me my money back…their regular clothing (pants, shorts) aren’t too bad, def good enough for working around the house or running around doing errands…i have a couple of their little “bail out bags” and they work great for a tool bag to keep in the truck or drag to the range…
True. I remember a while back I tried out a flashlight that the best user interface I’ve seen. However, the lens was straight up plastic. Kind of a bummer!