REVIEW– As they say it’s 5- o’clock somewhere! I am a huge fan of everyday items that have quality. I’m talking about your great grandmother’s cast iron skillet, your great grandfather’s turn of the century pocket watch, and quite possibly this Elevated Craft cocktail shaker. This gorgeous, stainless steel shaker is well constructed and will make a stylish addition to any home bartender’s toolbox.
What is it?
The Elevated Craft cocktail shaker is, as the name implies, a 28 oz. (795 ml) stainless steel shaker. Perfect for parties or dealing with your current feelings of the pandemic. It comes apart into three pieces as all traditional cocktail shakers do. However, the design includes two rubber gaskets that I have never seen a shaker with before. They allow a superior seal for the most vigorous shakers among us.
What’s in the box?
- Stainless steel twist-off lid
- Integrated 6 oz. jigger
- 304 stainless steel vacuum insulated tumbler
- Instruction/care booklet
- Silicone coaster illustrated with measurements specific to the shaker lid
- 1 large gasket replacement
- 2 small gasket replacements
- Pro-grade 18/8, double wall/vacuum insulated stainless steel tumbler
- Built-in strainer
- Integrated 6 oz. jigger, measurements in half-ounce increments
- Twist lock/leakproof seals
- Incorporated BPA Free silicone gaskets
Design and features
Standing a little over a foot tall, this cocktail shaker will bring an air of sophistication and class to any bar set. Weighing in at a little more than 1.2 lbs. empty, it has a commanding presence on the shelf. The tumbler is double-layered, and vacuum insulated, allowing it to stay cold for way longer than a cocktail will be in there. This presents a unique problem for me; I was taught to shake my gin until the tumbler was cold enough to hurt my hand. With this shaker, the outside does not get cold because of the insulating layer inside the tumbler. The integrated 6 oz. jigger makes measuring a breeze while minimizing the number of gadgets needed to craft that after-work pick-me-up. The covers are easy to take off and the silicone gaskets ensure zero spills. The manufacturer even includes one large gasket replacement that rests between the tumbler and the jigger and two small gasket replacements that live in the stainless-steel twist-off lid. The brushed stainless steel outside material feels good in the hand. However, it does get fingerprints on it very easily, so the outside will need to be wiped down to keep it sparkling.
What I like
- The large size of the tumbler
- Integrated jigger with measurements
- Silicone gaskets ensure a liquid-tight seal
- Built-in strainer
What I’d change
- A slightly wider footprint: the very bottom is a little on the small side
- Decrease the circumference of the tumbler opening: piggybacking on the small footprint, the width of the tumbler opening makes the shaker a little top-heavy when the covers are on
The Elevated Craft cocktail shaker is a serious, beastly shaker. It will keep your beverages cold for a thermodynamically disrespectful amount of time. It is easy to use and easy to clean by hand; the manufacturer states it is dishwasher safe but the serving size for Oreos is two cookies, so anything is possible. I’ve found a quick rinse and this shaker is ready to go again. The included silicone replacements are an excellent touch from the manufacturer and show they are truly dedicated to the quality of your experience with their product. This is a truly well-made cocktail shaker and I will confidently recommend one for your home bar.