REVIEW – My kids are very fascinated with robots and scooters and planes, etc. They both have a couple of small dromes, but they are still getting used to flying them. They also love kites and just about anything colorful that flies. Let’s see if they like this flying Zing Go-Go Bird.
What is it?
The Zing Go-Go Bird is a Remote Control Flying Toy that looks and flies like a bird. It can be used indoors and outdoors.
What’s in the box
1 x Zing Bird
1 x Remote Control
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Lithium Rechargeable Batteries
1 x USB Charger
1 x Unser Manual
1 x Quick Start Guide
1 x Display Stand
Design and features
- FLYING RC BIRD WITH LED LIGHTS: Flapping wings make it look like a real bird in flight! Just gently toss the flying toy bird and it starts to fly immediately. Plus it has the unique feature that it can fly in the opposite direction when an obstacle is too close. Simple to use controller, which is similar to a video game controller, makes it easy to use and kids learn how to manually fly quickly! Bright 7 colors changed LED light boosts fun of flying at night.
- AUTONOMOUS OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE: With a smart obstacle-avoiding module that uses infrared sensors, Go-Go Bird is capable of autonomous obstacle recognition and will automatically turn around 6 ft away from the wall for self-protection. Never worry about your bird getting unnecessarily damaged! Great mini RC toy for beginners.
- 6-AXIS SENSOR: By integrating bionics, AI, aerodynamics, and precision machinery technology, Go-Go Bird flying toy offers you an amazing remote-control and auto flying experience. Fly up to 200ft away! Also, with a six-axis sensor inside, Go-Go Bird can do smart taking-off by lifting the hand up and down when ready to fly. Automatically stop when crashed or in the ground.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN FOR SAFE PLAY: The flying bird is made of high-grade environmental-friendly material which is lightweight, flexible, and collision-resistant. The bouncy material design can resist damage when it falls. Small size and lightweight design, make it portable for on-the-go use!
- SWITCHABLE BATTERIES: Go Go Bird flying toy has two rechargeable Lithium batteries that only needs 20 minutes to charge fully. Batteries provide around 15 minutes of flight time so switch and charge batteries for endless play! With 2.4 GHz wireless remote control, kids can fly their bird up, down, around, through targets like hula hoops, and more. It is an ideal birthday or holiday present for kids, and they will be able to quickly grasp how to control it! Perfect for outside fun in the spring and summer for the whole family!
- DISPLAY STAND: Our Go Go Bird also comes with a great display stand! Showcase your bird when you aren’t flying it with our sleek display stand. Always have your bird in the spotlight whether it’s flying or showing off to friends!
As shown below, the motor, battery, and other parts are all in the “belly” of the bird. The sensors are on the front.
Below is a photo of the remote control and an illustration of the functions.
This toy bird is very easy to set up and start flying. Simply charge the batteries, insert one into the bird and you are ready to go. See the setup and flying instructions below.
There are two modes for flying the Zing Bird:
The following is a short video of me flying the Zing Go-Go bird.
What I like
- Easy to fly
- Designed to take the bumps and bruises
- Attractive colors and fun for young kids and playful adults
What I’d change
- Add the capability to insert 2 batteries for longer flying (There are 2 battery connections on the bird
- Having to use a screwdriver to change the battery is not convenient
This Zing Go-Go Bird is the first of this type that I have tried. It is different from a typical drone and easier to fly. It does provide my kids with lots of fun and excitement until the battery runs out. It seems that it will stand up to some abuse from the bumps and crashes and should survive my kids handling it for a while. By the way, I sometimes sneak out with it because I like to have fun with it too!! 🙂
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Zing.