PADX-1 LEDGE Wearcom Pullover for iPad

Here’s something unusual for the iPad owner.  This pullover jacket from Alphyn Industries is made of “advanced waterproof, thermal softshell, with the perfect balance of strength, stretch and softness.”  Materials used are Polartec softshell, polyester Dri-Lex mesh, and 3M Thinsulate fill.  There’s a kangaroo pocket on the front with a small zippered pocket in the middle.  This jacket has an iPad pocket/desk built-in to the front.  The pocket is made of silicone and holds the iPad snugly in place.  It offers protection against light impacts.  The pocket zips open to create a workdesk for the iPad.  There’s a load-bearing harness system in the front of the pullover to distribute the weight of the iPad across the upper body.  The PADX-1 LEDGE Wearcom Pullover is available in sizes small to X-large.  It’s $285.00.

Posted in: Gear, iPhone, iPad, iPod, News

20 comments… add one

• Shawn January 29, 2011, 9:55 pm

Can’t even take that seriously.

• Joe January 30, 2011, 1:40 am

OMG! Is it Halloween already?

• Donald Schoengold January 30, 2011, 3:23 am

They can’t be serious, especially at $285.

• Rainydayinterns January 30, 2011, 9:33 am

Would rather have a giant beer belly and rest the iPad on that than to wear a jacket like that. At least with the beer belly, one had fun acquiring it :-)

• Bob Deloyd January 30, 2011, 9:55 am

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha; need I go on :)

• Ronald January 30, 2011, 11:43 am

How nerd-ish can one get!

LOL ! :-)

• Andrew Baker January 30, 2011, 2:00 pm

I was a VERY Geeky boy in HS, But I wouldn’t wear this.

• Anson January 30, 2011, 3:59 pm

Being an asian geek/nerd, i can get by with a lot… but i would definitely get a beating wearing this around!!!

• ucfgrad93 January 30, 2011, 4:31 pm

Can’t believe that anyone would wear something so stupid.

• Robert Grenader January 30, 2011, 9:20 pm

It screams, I AM A GEEK WITH NO FASHION SENSE AND NO GIRLFRIEND. Notice I did not say boyfriend? Women have too much common sense to where drek like this.

• Lofish January 30, 2011, 11:29 pm

Unless you’re running some sort of military OP, this item screams “virgin”.

• Anson January 30, 2011, 11:38 pm

Even in the event of a “military OP”, the only way to save yourself is to keep that front compartment always zipped-up so your precious iPad can perhaps stop an errand bullet ;)
    – Marty McFly could have found this handy in BTTF-3 in his shootout with Biff…

• Bob Deloyd January 31, 2011, 1:39 am

This thing screams wedgie!!!
    I just love all these comments :)

• Alexandra the Tsaritsa February 12, 2011, 8:58 pm

Greetings, nerds. I am a real life human female, and my boyfriend wears this jacket. The jackets are awesome, and yes, he gets laid a lot.

Snootchie bootchies!!!

• Bob Deloyd February 12, 2011, 10:14 pm

@Alexandra
    Is Ben (the one who designed these jackets) your boyfriend? If so I am happy that he’s getting some! And I find it also interesting that you as “Media Director of Alphyn Industries” are calling us geeky folks who comment here at The Gadgeteer “internet gangstaz” on your website : http://thetsaritsasez.com/2011/02/haters-gonna-hate.html

Internet Gangstaz; I kinda like that, sounds better than “Nerds”!

I don’t think any of us Internet Gangstaz expressed “hate” for the jacket. I actually think we all loved the jacket because it gave us something that cheered up our day and made us smile :)

• Alexandra the Tsaritsa February 12, 2011, 10:59 pm

Hey Bob,
    I don’t mind that you’re getting a chuckle out of our creations. It’s not personal, but I do want people to take it seriously because it’s a cool product. These comments are particularly hateful, but some of the comments on Tosh.0’s blog are completely ridiculous. But what should I expect?– it’s the internet :)

• Alexandra the Tsaritsa February 12, 2011, 11:00 pm

Sorry, that should read “these comments aren’t particularly hateful”

whoops

• Bob Deloyd February 13, 2011, 4:07 pm

@Alexandra
    I think comments by our Internet Gangstaz are pretty tame compared to Tosh.0′s blog about your jacket: http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2011/02/03/an-ipad-jacket-to-make-you-look-awesome/ and comments made on your own site about us Internet Gangstaz’s comments here :)
    Don’t want to start any wars, just saying….

• Alexandra the Tsaritsa February 13, 2011, 4:50 pm

I know. If you read my above comment I said just that.

• Alexandra the Tsaritsa February 15, 2011, 2:09 pm

Oh, and if you want to see hateful, check out the personal insults a troll is flinging at me now. On my own site.