Make Christmas Treats with the Automatic Nut Roaster

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire just too low-tech for you?  This little beauty from Hammacher Schlemmer can roast your nuts or pop your corn – automatically.  The Automatic Nut Roaster has a 1,000W  heating element that spreads heat evenly across the non-stick interior and can roast a cup of nuts in seven minutes.  A stainless steel paddle stirs the nuts so they roast evenly and get coated with any spices or glazes you add.  You can even make up to 6 quarts of popcorn in the roaster to make your own Cracker Jacks.  The roaster is hand-washable.  The Automatic Nut Roaster is $49.95 and is available for immediate shipping.

Posted in: Home, Kitchen, News

7 comments… add one

• NBRed5 December 10, 2010, 10:22 am

The title of this post has a whole other set of meaning in the UK and brings tears to my eyes.

• Louis December 10, 2010, 10:36 am

My first thought was that it looked like it should have been in a post on The Gadgeteer circa 1968. It definitely has that “Mad Men” styling and the tech can’t be much beyond that either. I’m thinking this might be a re-release of a product that didn’t quite take off in the days of yore and someone thought of a way to clean up the warehouse. Hmmm.

• Roger Bixley December 10, 2010, 11:04 am

Automatic Nut Roaster… otherwise known as my wife.

• Janet Cloninger December 10, 2010, 11:07 am

@NBRed5 It has a different meaning here, too – probably the same as in the UK. I originally wrote this with a much different title, but I decided to scrap that approach for something more polite.

@Louis Back in the dark ages – but not so long ago as 1968, thank you! – I had a popcorn popper that looked just like this thing. I don’t believe it had the paddle, though.

• Janet Cloninger December 10, 2010, 11:11 am

@Roger Bixley LOL! I have so many retorts running through my head, but I just can’t allow myself to say them. I don’t want Julie to fire me!

• Jonathan December 10, 2010, 12:39 pm

My mother does it the even-lower tech way – in the toaster.

• Tetsubo December 11, 2010, 7:20 am

I saw this and my first thought was, ‘Look! A seasonal uni-tasker!’.