Sony Ericsson LiveView

Sony Ericsson has announced a really cool product called LiveView that hooks a second small 128×128 screen up to your Android phone to display Email, RSS feeds, and more. It’s compatible with the Android 2.0, and supports plugins to expand it’s features beyond the already impressive list : Facebook is included, it controls the MP3 player, even works with awesome running  app. This app lets you monitor your heart rate, speed, distance as well as control music while the phone is in your pocket. It’ll even hook into a watch-band, similar to how the new iPod Nano is being shown. The neat device is shipping soon, take a peek at Sony Ericsson’s site.

Posted in: Android related, News

• GODMODE October 10, 2010, 10:06 am

I wonder (and am hopeful) if it can/will run simultaneously with a stereo bluetooth headset for calls and music.

• john October 10, 2010, 10:13 am

i wonder if i could use this wrist band on my steering wheel and use this like a touch remote for my phone?

• turn.self.off October 10, 2010, 10:26 am

the link to the SE page needs a cleanup.

As for it being usable alongside a stereo headset, i would suspect it will. This as i already can use a SE featurephone as both net connection for a PDA and a music player streaming to a bluetooth stereo headset at the same time.

• Adam Scinto October 10, 2010, 11:50 am

@turn.self.off – Thanks, I fixed the link

• Adam Scinto October 10, 2010, 11:55 am

@John – The back has clip on it, and it does control the MP3 player – I think it would work great as a remote in the car.

@GodMode – I think it would work, but I don’t see anything on Sony Ericsson’s page that says explicitly it would.

• anson October 10, 2010, 3:56 pm

iWant.

Hard to believe that at $80 retail, this is capable of sooo much more than the new nano. Hope this pushes apple to develop a new sort of iphone-companion, or at least open up their iOS platform a bit more so developers and 3rd-party can make us cooler toys :)

• Andrew October 12, 2010, 9:38 am

If only Sony’s actual Android phones RAN Android 2.0 or higher. They’ve been promising this for months…

• Georg October 31, 2010, 7:01 am

Very interesting gadget. I will buy it for my Desire HD.

• balaradu February 3, 2011, 5:20 am

Here is a tutorial on how to connect the Sony Ericsson LiveVIew micro display to your phone and also the re is one for sale http://www.sh-phones.com/?page

• Cinie April 28, 2011, 12:25 pm

Does anyone know if this device {sony ericsson live view} is compatiable with the iphone?

• turn.self.off April 28, 2011, 4:32 pm

@Cinie, not likely as it needs app on the phone for much of its functionality and i have not read that SE have made said app available via the Apple app store.