A closet of guitars is way better than clothes

guitarhanger

The Guitar Hanger is a pretty ingenious way to store your guitars in a regular closet. Just throw all your clothes on the floor (that’s where half of them are anyway right?)  and dangle your Strats and Les Pauls in glorious splendor. I need 7 of these for my ukuleles!

Posted in: Music Gear

9 comments… add one

• djohngo April 22, 2009, 8:48 am

This is an awesome idea! However, I’d be concerned about the the string ends on the tuning heads snagging my clothes.

• guitar collecting April 22, 2009, 9:30 am

that’s brilliant! we all need to buy about 4 or 5 at least!

• Julie April 22, 2009, 9:32 am

@djohngo You need a closet JUST for your guitars :)

• Dave April 22, 2009, 11:23 am

I agree! The guitar-only/Uke-only closet is the way to go. If only one could also cram a humidifier, amp, and some snacks in a closet too….

• P2Labs April 22, 2009, 12:01 pm

I was always told that for high quality guitars they should NEVER be hung by the neck. It warps the wood. The best are floor stands…

• JoAnn April 22, 2009, 2:26 pm

I doubt whether the weight of a hanging guitar will exert significant stress on the neck, although it might help to counteract the more than 100 pounds of pull exerted by a set of steel strings during their constant effort to make both ends of the guitar meet in the middle. But I’d really worry about scratching from buttons and zippers with this setup.

• Ian-OS April 23, 2009, 3:57 am

Neat idea – would be concerned about strength of the hanging rail though – Les Pauls and Fenders ain’t lightweight :-) One would be ok, or one plus an acoustic, but more than that… Ooer – crash! :-)

• Mickey O June 21, 2009, 10:05 pm

Thanks for this Julie! I have a cedar wardrobe I am currently storing instruments in and I am going to just make a couple of these with parts on hand to store mando’s and uke’s.

• Julie June 22, 2009, 8:49 am

@Mickey O You should send us a picture when you’ve completed your mando / uke closet! :)