REVIEW – As most of the readers of my reviews would already know, I am a huge fan of the company EcoFlow and of every product that they have sent me thus far. These include the EcoFlow Smart Generator (Dual Fuel), the EcoFlow Wave Portable Air Conditioner, and the EcoFlow Delta 2 Portable Power Station. All of those devices have worked flawlessly and have left me alert for any and every opportunity to review another EcoFlow product. I guess my alertness has paid off because I now get to review the EcoFlow River 2 Portable Power Station which is the smallest device in their River 2 power station lineup.
What is it?
The EcoFlow River 2 is a power station that beats the industry charging speed standard, fully charging in only 60 minutes. With an upgraded long-lasting LFP battery chemistry at its core, charge and empty the River 2 over 3000 times. It features a state-of-the-art Battery Management System (BMS) that constantly monitors the voltage, current, and temperature with multiple aspects of protection, extending its life to the max. The EcoFlow app can be to control and monitor the device from anywhere in the world. There are 4 different ways to top up the River 2 Series from fast AC to in-car charging when you’re on the go.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x EcoFlow River 2
- 1 x AC charging cable
- 1 x Car charging cable
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x App Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
Design and features
- Charge 0-100% in only 60 mins: With ultra-fast 60m charging, you’ll always be ready for the next getaway. Charge 0-100% using an AC outlet in only 1 hour.
- Safe and reliable for 10 years of use: With over 3000+ battery 100% cycles, you can use the River 2 almost every day for pretty much ten years. The LFP battery chemistry doesn’t just offer long life. It’s more reliable, efficient, and safe even in high temperatures. The River 2 has one of the longest warranties in the industry, so we’ve got you protected for the next 5 years.
- Charge without limits: With four versatile charging options, we’ve made sure you can charge the River 2 pretty much anywhere you are. Charge using an AC outlet for ultra-fast 1-hour charging, charge on the go with car charging, and go off-grid or green with fast solar charging. The River 2 has an all-new charging option, USB-C. Plug in and conveniently charge anywhere that has an outlet.
- Run up to 99% of your consumer electronics: With a 300W output, the River 2 has most of your essentials covered. But why not take power to another level with X-Boost mode? Turn it on to power appliances with an output of up to 600W, including a desktop computer or blender.
- Grab-and-go-power: With a lightweight of only 7.7 lbs and an easy-to-carry design, the River 2 makes on-the-go power easy sailing.
- Essential home backup with a 30ms switch-over mode: Prepare your appliances for unexpected outages. With a fast 30ms switch-over speed, the River 2 keeps your must-have-power appliances running.
- Power at your fingertips: Use the EcoFlow app to control and monitor the River 2 from the convenience of your phone. Connect using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to use nearby or remotely.
The EcoFlow River 2 is the smallest Power Station in the River 2 series. Its outer case is made from plastic/ABS. On the front, it features a LED display, a DC port with a dedicated power button, 2 USB-A ports and 1 USB-C port, the main power button, and 2 AC power ports (1 grounded) with a dedicated power button. On the back, there is the handle, the AC charging port, and the DC /Solar charging port.
Once you charge this EcoFlow River 2 Portable Power Station, it is ready to go. In the first photo below, I plugged in a battery-powered corkscrew opener that I just purchased for my bar. I am primarily using this Power Station in a corner on my bar countertop to provide additional power and charging options for my guests who come by frequently and always seem to have the need to charge their phone, or finish up some work and need to power their laptop or tablet.
The photo below shows the EcoFlow in its current home on the countertop of my bar. I have an Alexa device, an Android tablet on the wall to the right, an electric corkscrew, and a phone connected. This really helps with the expansion of power that I need. I have also used it to power/charge a laptop, iPad, as well as the devices shown all at the same time. This is simply a great device for daily use, use on the go, and in an emergency.
As with all of the EcoFlow devices I have tested, the EcoFlow app allows you to control, monitor, and have insight into the device and its performance:
What I like
- The compact and lightweight sleek design
- The assortment of charging/powering options
- The four available options to recharge the Power Station
- The quick recharging time when using AC
- The projected lifespan
- The X-Boost mode for doubling the output power
- The quick switch over time in the event of a power outage
What I’d change
- Nothing I would change
Much like all of the other EcoFlow products, the EcoFlow River 2 does not disappoint. It is lightweight and compact and works well. It charges and recharges quickly, and it has enough ports to support all of my charging needs. I really do wish that EcoFlow had sent me solar panels as well for me to test. I give this EcoFlow River 2 Portable Power Station a well done and two thumbs up!!
Where to buy: EcoFlow website and Amazon
Source: The sample of this product was provided by -company EcoFlow
2 thoughts on “EcoFlow River 2 power station review – portable power for on-the-go needs”
Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
Great Review on the Ender Neptune 2S. Thank you!!!
I am currently homeless, retired Teamster. Rated 100% SSDI. I really fumbled my attempts to use power banks at the beginning, I went.thru the generator phase but people out here couldn’t contribute their share and it became too much expense to carry! I was sold on price with Bluetti, same capacity as River 2. Out here you really have to watch over your investments, theft is a reality like nothing I have experienced in my life. I am 64 yrs-old, and a high profile target. I recently purchased River 2, like many homeless Starbucks is about our only source of power. Employees are kind and I power up when they are less crowded! This Bluetti is on average 20% behind and as I try to be an appreciative patron I wish I could take back that 20%, as stated. I love it’s low profile design that draws less attention as when I pull out Bluetti, I feel like all eyes are on me! I have to say I failed myself here and should’ve been the wiser!