REVIEW – When I moved into my new home office/studio, it was immediately apparent that will all of the equipment that I installed that runs day and night, that it was just a matter of time before summer would mandate the need for an air conditioner. Let’s see if this TaoTronics 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioner fits the bill.
What is it?
The TaoTronics Window Air Conditioner 8000 BTU is an Energy Star extremely quiet window AC unit.
What’s in the box
1 x TaoTronics Window Air Conditioner 8000 BTU
1 x Remote Control
1 x Set of Installation Hardware
Design and features
- Quicker & Stronger Cooling Capacity: 8000 BTU window air conditioner is powerful enough to get fast and efficient air cooling for a single bedroom or small living room up to 350sq.ft.
- 3-IN-1 Functionality: This new design window air conditioner combines the functionality of air conditioning, dehumidification, and fan-only mode. It’s able to remove excess moisture up to 2.43 pints per hour and provide 4 fan speeds to fit your specific needs.
- LED Digital Display: All Functions can be set on LED Digital Display Panel Include Fan Speed Selection, Sleep Mode, 24-Hour Timer, Energy Saver Mode, Auto Mode, and Fan Only.
- Low Noise & Energy-Saving: Unlike normal window air conditioners, the TaoTronics air conditioner is controlled by two independent motors, achieving the optimal balance between high performance and low noise. With a 12.1 energy efficiency rating(EER), this energy star-certified air conditioner effectively saves energy while keeping you stay cool and comfortable on hot summer days.
- Quick & Easy Installation: Specially designed to fit windows (sliding up and down) from 25″ to 36″ wide with a minimum height of 13.5″, all window mounting kits are included for an easy install. Reusable and Washable Air Filter can be easily slid out and washed with warm water and dish soap for best performance. Please Make Sure the Air Filter is Completely Dry Before Reinstalling.
- 8,000 BTU Cooling Power
- 43dB Quiet Operation
- Energy Star
- 4 Fan Speeds
- 5 Working Modes
- Digital Display
- Temperature Sensing Remote Control
This TaoTronics air conditioner has a conventional AC design with air louvers on the top front, and the filter under the front vent door. It also comes with a remote control that can handle all functions.
This air conditioner installs like most conventional window units. Here are a few snapshots from my installation process:
The AC has a filer under the front vent that is removable for cleaning:
Once the AC was on and running I decided to perform a decibel test since one of the main clams is that it is extremely quiet.
I did not have another 8000 BTU AC for a comparison test so I performed a decibel test on a Frigidaire 10,200 BTU AC.
This TaoTronics AC is a nice unit and works well in my office. It has all of the features that I like including the full-function remote. Despite the claim to be extremely quiet, I cannot use it while recording.
What I like
- Nice simple yet sleek design
- Easy to install
- Performs well
- Offers good cooling options
- Good build quality
What I’d change
- Since it claims to be extremely quiet, I would make it a bit quieter
Like all of the TatTronics products that I have tested, this Air Conditioner does not disappoint. It works well and cools my office/studio that is generally warm because of all of the equipment. It is not what I would call extremely quiet especially when I am recording, but it does such a good job cooling the room, that I run it prior to my recording sessions and the room remains cool for a couple of hours. The remote works well and controls enough functions that I never have to actually touch the AC. I am not currently using the dehumidification function, but I know that I will.
Where to buy: TaoTronics website
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Taotronics