REVIEW – In my home, my wife has charged me with the responsibility of cleaning the bathroom. As I get older, my back no longer appreciates the bending that is involved when using a hand scrubber. My wife does not care how I get the job done, as long as it is done and done properly so that it meets her standard of cleanliness!! :-). The Homitt Electric Spin Cordless Shower Scrubber looks like it can be a back saver and a wife pleaser. Let’s see!!
What is it?
The Homitt Electric Spin Cordless Shower Scrubber is designed to be an easy cleaning/scrubbing tool for the bathroom as well as other tasks like scrubbing car rims, etc. It is portable, lightweight and rechargeable and features a scrubbing head that can be adjusted to an angle for more effective use.
What’s in the box
1 x Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber
1 x AC Adapter
1 x Extension Arm
4 x Brushes Heads
1 x User Manual
Design and features
Battery (not replaceable):
Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz
Output: 5.5V- 1.4A
Cable Length: 70inch
Power: 600RPM-Empty Rotation 280-300RPM –Normal Use
Use time: 1.5hrs for empty Rotation, 50-60Minutes for normal use
Charging Indicator: Red when charging; light off when fully charged
Length: 24 inch without Extension Arm / 45 inch with Extension Arm
Total Weight: 3.76Lbs (Package not include)
- Power scrubber with 2 superior LG Battery: Powered by rechargeable 3.6-volt battery, 2*2150 Mah Advanced LG batteries, the cordless spin scrubber can last continuously up to 1.5 hours after only 3.5 hours fast charging. High spin speed to 300 RPM. (The actual working time depends on the cleanliness of the area. For cleaning stubborn stains if you press the brush to clean, the use time will be shortened.)
- Upgraded Adjustable Long Extension Handle and Brush Head Angle: Different from other electric scrubbers, Homitt scrubber brush, and bathroom cleaner brush head can adjust to be tilted or versatile by pressing the button on the head. It also comes with a 21-inch extendable stainless-steel handle for you to scrub and clean hard to reach areas without bending, especially healthy for back pain and arthritis.
- 4 Packs Replacement Cleaning Brush Heads: Extra-wide flat brush head is used to clean large flat surface areas, like a hard floor, wall, patio furniture, pool; Small flat brush head ideals for cleaning smaller areas free of soap scum, stove, grill. Round Bristlehead is perfect as a concave cleaning brush for bathtub, sink, or toilet; Corner scrubber head brush great for cleaning title grout, edges, corners, and tight places. Different brushes to meet different requirements.
- Waterproof Cleaning Brush Heads: The scrubber brush head built for long-lasting performance. The highly sealed design makes it also resistant to splashing water and can be used under wet conditions. The bristles won’t scratch your bathtub. The bristles are of good quality and will not deform. We have been through numerous experiments to confirm the best hardness of the bristles, Neither soft nor hard. Make sure the specific excellent ability to grasp the ground.
The Homitt Scrubber is designed so that the shaft can be separated for storage or kept together and hung like a broom or other such cleaning tool. It comes with 4 types of clip-on brushes that allow you to target surfaces with various angles and crevices.
On the main body shaft of the scrubber, there is a button that allows you to extend or shorten the length.
On the lower end of the shaft, there is a button that allows you to angle the scrubbing head, It is not incremental angling. It just moves to one angle.
The scrubbing heads have a unique design that allows for a secure attachment to the head.
Homitt also provides a clip-on hook to hang the Scrubber when storing.
Once you connect the parts into one shaft, the next step is to plug in the AC adapter and charge the unit. When charging, the LED in the handle shines red, and it shines green when completed. It also stays green when you are using the Scrubber and changes to red when the battery gets low. There is a silicone cover that seals the charging port area so that it is protected from moisture and dust.
The clip-on hook attaches to the charging end so that you can hang the Scrubber.
The following are videos of this Shower Scrubber in action:
Cleaning grout lines on the shower wall:
Cleaning shower wall tiles:
Cleaning the corners using the angle feature:
It is a nice and comfortable experience when using this scrubber. I find it effective at cleaning various surfaces, and it does so without straining. It also allows me to reach high enough without the need for a ladder or something to stand on. The battery lasts long enough for me to probably clean three or more bathrooms before it would need recharging.
My only feeling of uncertainty comes from a part of the main shaft that has a screw that at times feels a bit wobbly albeit that it never feels like it would fall apart.
What I like
- The performance
- The adjustability
- The attachments
- The charge capacity
What I’d change
- There is a screw in the middle that at times makes it feel a bit wobbly. Using 2 hands and placing your hands in the right place adds stability
After using this scrubber a few times to clean the bathtub and the shower walls, I must say that overall, I am pleased. The scrubber has enough power to do a good job at scrubbing but it does require both hands to be firmly and properly placed to get the best out of it. The battery charge lasts quite a long time, and the ability to adjust the length means that showers that are tiled all the way to the ceiling should not be a problem for normal height ceilings. Based on its ability to be a back saver, a good scrubber, and therefore ultimately a wife pleaser, I give it two thumbs up.
Price: $75.99 (Save 10% with this code: Homitt10 (expires 12/31/2020))
Where to buy: Amazon
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Homitt.