NEWS – Turning your home into a smart home just got a little easier and future proof with Swidget. Swidget is a DIY replaceable electrical receptacle for a standard wall outlet that accepts snap-in inserts that use your home’s existing wiring to offer a variety of smart home features that work with WiFi, Z-Wave, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT and Z-Wave compatible hubs like SmartThings and Vera.
The Swidget Outlet includes all necessary hardware for installation into an existing or new wall outlet. The following Swidget inserts are available now:
- Wi-Fi or Z-Wave Control- Control your outlet (lights, appliances or anything plugged in) from anywhere using your smartphone.
- USB Charger- A low profile outlet with a built-in USB charger that keeps the two plugs free for other uses.
Additional snap-in inserts that are coming soon include:
- Power Out Light (emergency light)
- Guide Light (nightlight)
- Motion Sensor
- Built-in Alexa
- Built-in Google Assistant
- HD video camera
- White noise/Bluetooth speaker
Single Swidget Outlets are available for a suggested retail price of $39.99 USD. Insert prices start at $5.99 USD and will vary depending on connectivity and functionality. The Outlet and Inserts are available now on Swidget.com and Amazon.