It’s been over a year since I posted my last help wanted notice asking for people to try out for a spot on our growing team of crazy gadget loving geeks. Right now I have 2-4 spots to fill. Do you have what it takes to fill one of them?
Let’s get this out of the way right at the start. This is a strictly a non-paying position. Your pay will be the products that you’ll be able to keep once the review is complete.
You will be encouraged to submit a two original news posts per month along with reviews. These posts should be short and consist of only one image and a short paragraph with an average of 200 – 350 words talking about new, useful, interesting, wacky and unique products, apps, services, etc that our readers might find interesting.
New team members will start out posting news for a couple weeks. Then if you are picked to become a permanent member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to also do product reviews in addition to news posts.
1. You must love gadgets. But you don’t have to be overly techy, geeky or a hardcore hacker. I just want people who are always excited about new products and are constantly scouring the web and elsewhere for interesting products and tidbits.
2. You must have a firm grasp of the English language and the fundamentals of good grammar. You need to know the difference between “its” and “it’s” and how to write a sentence. I don’t have time to re-write your posts, so this is a must.
3. You must have above average photography skills and have the ability to take sharp, well lighted close ups of the products being reviewed. Dim, blurry images won’t cut it.
4. You must be able to stick to deadlines. Reviews need to be submitted 4-6 weeks after you receive the product sample. If you don’t think you can do that, then please don’t apply.
5. If you’ve tried out for a position before and didn’t get picked, don’t let that stop you from trying again 🙂
6. I’m not looking for a professional freelance writer or a guest poster who write fluff pieces just for SEO purposes. I’m looking for every day geeks like me, who just love this stuff and aren’t in it for the $’s.
7. Age, gender, location do not matter (but see below).
8. The positions are not restricted to US residents, but be aware that if your primary interest is doing product reviews, you’ll probably be disappointed – most US companies don’t like to ship samples outside the US.
How to apply:
Send me an email email@example.com telling me about yourself, your age, location, what you currently do for a living, what types of products that interest you most and why you think you would be a good fit for my team. I’ll use this info to decide who I will ask to audition by writing a sample review which will show me your writing and photography skills. I will then choose the best candidates to go through a trial period posting news. After that trial period ends, I’ll decide who will become permanent team members.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions before sending me your bio email, post them in the comments.
Thanks to all the applicants. I don’t need any more at this time.