Samsung has released details of their Galaxy Tab Android-based tablet. The specs include:
- Cortex A8 1 GHz processor
- Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- 16GB/32GB memory
- MicroSD slot (up to 32 GB)
- 7-inch WSVGA (1024×600) capacitive touch screen
- Full HD (1080p) video player and recorder (720 x 480) @ 3ofps
- Video support for DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, H.264 and more.
- Front (1.3 MP)and rear (3 MP) facing cameras
- 3G HSPA connectivity
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.0
This is serious Android tablet. It has all my must-haves:
- Latest Android OS (2.2)
- Capacitive-touch screen
- Powerful processor
- Plenty of memory
It also has a nice list of accessories out of the gate:
- Keyboard dock
- Case options
- TV out (though not HDMI)
Two words come to mind: “I Want”. It will be interesting to see where this lands. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Verizon version. You can see a video of it after the jump.
See more info on their press release: Press release.