VooMote ONE – Universal Remote for the iPhone and Touch

We use affiliate links. If you buy something through the links on this page, we may earn a commission at no cost to you. Learn more.

Do you subscribe to the philosophy of one device to rule them all? Would you use your iPhone to control your home theater equipment? Zero1.tv is hoping that you think that way and will consider purchasing their soon to be released VooMote ONE. The VooMote ONE is a sled type dock that accommodates any generation iPhone or iPod Touch to add an IR port. Using a free application with this hardware, you will turn your phone or media player into a universal remote control that claims to work with 98% of existing devices (TVs, DVDs, Stereos, etc.). To control the remaining 2%, the VooMote ONE has the ability learn the IR codes. One of the features of this solution is that the iPhone / Touch can be used in the regular upright position and will allow the phone to accept calls. The VooMote ONE will go on pre-sale in September, and will be available in December. No word yet on pricing.

3 thoughts on “VooMote ONE – Universal Remote for the iPhone and Touch”

  1. Gadgeteer Comment Policy - Please read before commenting
  2. How annoying…I’m trying to watch TV and someone calls me and interrupts my channel surfing!
    *shakes fist*

    The good thing is that the remote attachment covers up “THE LINE OF DOOM!!”


  3. That little sleeve looks easier to lose than my remotes . . . . . I think i would be spending the rest of my life looking under sofa cushions so I could mute the TV to catch an incoming call !?!

  4. I’m actually interested. Really wish I could change the channel with my touch. Foresee two problems: have to remove touch from case to use sleeve, what IR distance?? Tried using iPaq as TV Remote; IR transmit distance sucked! It was 2-3 ft. Completely useless.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.