In coordination with The 2nd Annual Total Rock, Total Rewards Rock Band Competition, the generous people at MTV games and Harrahs are giving 5 gadgeteer readers a copy of the yet unreleased Rock Band game Green Day: Rock Band. Find out out to win a copy of this game after the jump.
UPDATE 5/21/10 – The contest is closed. The Winners are:
#5, #13, #15, #24, #30
How to enter (please read carefully – any missed steps and your entry will be disqualified):
2. Then send the following tweet:
RT Win a copy of Rock Band Green Day from MTV Games, Harrahs and @thegadgeteer Full details at http://wp.me/pprwJ-auL
3. Come back to this post and leave a comment that includes your twitter name.
4. At some point on 05/21/2010, I’ll pick 1 random winner using random.org. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hrs to accept their prize. If I do not receive an answer, I’ll do other random.org drawings till the prize are gone.
1. Only one entry per person (warning: I check IP addresses).
2. Gadgeteer writers, family members and close friends may not enter this contest.
3. Winners must have a US mailing address.
4. the-gadgeteer.com is not responsible for any lost packages or incorrect shipping addresses.
5. Failure to follow instructions will result in the entry being disqualified.
I want to give a HUGE thank you to MTV Games and Harrahs for sponsoring this contest!
- Harrah’s Entertainment, MTV Games Present
- 2nd Annual Rock Band® Competition
- Winning Rock Band band to Win $10,000 and an Opportunity to Meet Ringo Starr
May 3, 2010 – Leading gaming and music entertainment giants Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. and MTV Games, part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B), are once again seeking the best Rock Band® gamers in the United States with The 2nd Annual Total Rock, Total Rewards Rock Band Competition.
Five participating Harrah’s Total Rewards Casinos will host Rock Band Nights. MTV Games will work with an additional 15 venues across the U.S. to host Rock Band Bar Nights, between May 1 and June 13. The top scoring band from each venue will receive a chance to enter and compete in the exciting event in Bally’s Atlantic City hotel and casino, July 1-2. The winning band will receive $10,000 and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet Ringo Starr.
- Additionally, one lucky band will win a wildcard chance from an online competition at Harrahs.com and fly to Atlantic City in a private jet provided by XOJET. A camera crew, and a Rock Band expert will accompany the online winners to the 2010 Total Rock, Total Rewards Rock Band Competition, which will be produced by MTV Games, and hosted and judged by MTV Games, Harrah’s and local celebrities.
- “Harrah’s is very excited to work with MTV Games and the iconic Rock Band brand again this year and we are looking forwarding to building on the successful events from the 2009 season,” said David Norton, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Harrah’s Entertainment. “Total Rock Total Rewards Rock Band events create a lot of excitement in our resorts bringing in new guests and providing another entertainment option for our returning guests.”
- “For the second year in a row, Harrah’s is helping to extend the Rock Band brand across the nation with innovative and interactive experiences that bring it to life,” said Christina Glorioso, vice president of marketing for MTV Games. “We can’t wait to see how this year’s competition unfolds with Rock Band fans sure to blow us all away.”
- This year’s competition builds on the overwhelming success of 2009’s Total Rock, Total Rewards contest. The winners, The Gurn Killers from New York City, received $10,000 and opened for the legendary B-52s at the House of Blues in Atlantic City.
More information and official rules on The 2nd Annual Total Rock, Total Rewards Rock Band Competition may be found online at http://totalrocktotalrewards.com, a one-stop resource for competing bands and Rock Band fans to register for the competition and find information on event schedules, song lists, special promotions, and videos and pictures from the various events. Competition updates and information is also available on Facebook: http://facebook.com/TotalRockTotalRewards and on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Total_RockTR
- Subject to regulatory approvals, the five participating Harrah’s Entertainment casinos will be: Harrah’s Joliet, Bally’s Atlantic City, Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall & Saloon in Las Vegas, Caesars Windsor and Harveys Lake Tahoe.
- About Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.:
Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. is the world’s largest provider of branded casino entertainment. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 70 years ago, Harrah’s has grown through development of new properties, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company’s properties operate primarily under the Harrah’s®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names; Harrah’s also owns the World Series of Poker® and a majority interest in the London Clubs International family of casinos. Harrah’s Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Harrah’s is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment. For more information, please visit www.harrahs.com or on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/harrahsentertainment
- About MTV Games:
- MTV Games is dedicated to creating, marketing and publishing high-quality, innovative interactive products that are relevant to the MTV audience and complement the core values of the MTV Networks brands.
- About MTV Networks:
- MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 350 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Noggin, The N, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike TV, TV Land, Atom, Gametrailers and Xfire.
- © 2010 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band, Rock Band Network and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., a MTV Networks company. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.