Recently, Julie suggested we follow up on what WE carry on an everyday basis. She’s set the standard, so here’s what I carry!
Although the Ristretto has a nicely padded iPad pouch, I also carry my iPad in a woolen sleeve by Nedrelow. Made in USA and wonderfully wooly.
On the Tom Bihn lanyard (clipped inside the Ristretto) I have a Swiss Army Knife and tweezers from CountyComm. These metal tweezers clip into the holder that slides on the keychain, so they don’t slip out.
Next up is a Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth headset. So far it’s the best performing headset I’ve had to date. Next to that is a pair of small trauma shears.
A Tom Bihn mesh ballistic pouch slips neatly inside the Ristretto bag. (I added the orange zipper pull). Inside you’ll find:
- A folding brush
- Plastic baggie of adhesive bandages
- Small plastic box of various pills (headaches, allergies),
- PayPal Here credit card reader that allows credit card payments on my iOS device
- Two eyedrop bottles
- 10W iPad charger
- USB Lightning cable
- Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter
From left to right:
- A Fenix PD32UE flashlight with slip-on diffuser (not attached)
- Two lip balms (I don’t know why I had two!)
- A black Sharpie
- An orange CountyComm 1×4 Technician’s Pocket Screwdriver
- A Spudger tool (it’s a plastic doodad with a flat end and pointy end) that’s used by Apple technicians
- Welch-Allyn 76600 halogen penlight
- A blue ballpoint pen
- The OWC Aurora Pro + Envoy SSD with USB 3.0 cable. It’s basically a Macbook Air SSD drive in an aluminum case.
A closer look at that little screwdriver. Comes with two bits with two ends each, all reversible. I chose the orange one so I don’t lose it as easily. Now that I’ve said that, it’s probably lost forever.
Then there’s the little Waterfield Wallet:
- Alcohol wipes
- Old iPod Touch.
Like Julie, the contents of my bag evolve over time. If it changes significantly, I’ll be sure to follow up.
- Julie’s Gadget Diary – My evolving EDC
- Everyday Carry Bags – Janet Cloninger
- Everyday Carry Bag – Andy Chen
- Everyday Carry Bags – Ryan Chapman
- Everyday Carry Bags – Bill Henderson
- Everyday Carry Bag – Dave Rees
- Everyday Carry Bags – Smythe Richbourg
- Everyday Carry Bag – Larry Geisz
- Everyday Carry Bags – Jackie Cheng
- Everyday Carry Gear – Elizabeth Rodriguez
- Everyday Carry Gear – Steve Holt
- Everyday Carry Gear – Ian Lim
- Everyday Carry Gear – Bryan Sherman
- Everyday Carry Gear – Raul Sanchez
- Everyday Carry Gear – Andy Jacobs