Remote Starter for Your Car from Bulldog Security

Bulldog Security has introduced a remote car starter that even works with cars equipped with immobilizers.  The RS82B remote starter lets you start your immobilizer-equipped car to warm it up or cool it down while still keeping it secure.  The RS82B kit comes with a remote fob with start/stop buttons.  It comes with everything you need to install it yourself, or you can search Bulldog Security’s InstallerNet listing of trusted installers.  The RS82B remote starter kit comes with one starter fob for $79.99.  You can buy additional starter fobs for $19.99.

Posted in: Car Gear, Do-It-Yourself, How-To, News

6 comments… add one

• Fred April 14, 2011, 1:13 pm

Exactly what I need to spend more gas, right now my car’s mpg is to high.

• Ronald April 14, 2011, 4:36 pm

I always learned that heating up a car’s motor is best done by driving it gently, not by letting it run in idle mode.

And yes, gas is ever so expensive now.
    It’s 1,75 EURO per liter now in The Netherlands !
    That’s $ 2,52 per liter.
    That’s $ 9,54 per US-gallon.

I guess that’s not what you’re paying in the US right now?

• Vaughan April 14, 2011, 9:31 pm

Just so you know, having a remote starter attached to your car is illegal in Australia, not sure about the US.

• Janet Cloninger April 14, 2011, 10:35 pm

@Vaughan It’s not illegal in the US. You can even get them as factory-installed options.

• John Kes April 15, 2011, 12:31 am

Nice if you are in a shady business ;)

• Vaughan April 15, 2011, 12:59 am

@Janet Nice. The reasoning behind the Australian law is that you don’t want people starting their car when not in control of it. Wouldn’t want cars that had been parked in gear started without someone behind the wheel.

I imagine factory installed options have checks that prevent this happening, it’s the aftermarket kits that I imagine the law is mainly aimed at. Probably other rationale involved too I am sure. Same idea as with turbo timers, not that it stops anyone ;)