Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Multi-Tool

Remember Bear Grylls, who had that survival show called “Man vs. Wild”?  Gerber has a series of tools that they’ve dubbed the Bear Grylls Survival Series, and one of the tools in this line is the “Ultimate Multi-Tool”.  This tool has 12 stainless steel implements that lock into place for easier, safer use.  The handles have textured rubber grips to prevent slippage, and the spring-loaded jaw makes one-handed use easier.  Tools include:  needle-nosed pliers, fine-edge knife, serrated knife, saw, Phillips screwdriver, small and medium flat screwdrivers, bottle opener, can opener, scissors, wire cutters, and lanyard ring.  The Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Multi-Tool comes with a nylon sheath and is $57.99 from Gerber.

Posted in: Gear, News

9 comments… add one

• RainyDayInterns March 8, 2011, 10:46 am

The Leatherman Skeletool is our everyday carry…can’t beat the utility and don’t get us started on its bad-ass looks :-)

• Dmitriy March 8, 2011, 2:12 pm

gerber is a “china-quality” tools. *thumbs down*

and yes, skeletool rules =)

• pedro March 8, 2011, 3:39 pm

The tandem gerber + Bear also produced a “survival knife”, perfectly usefull …. for nothing.

another marketing F*ckup

• Mark March 8, 2011, 4:55 pm

This looks identical to my Gerber Suspension …minus the rubber coating.
    I use mine almost every day and love it. :-)

• kryptik March 8, 2011, 7:00 pm

I carry the Leatherman Charge ALX, and wouldn’t trade it for a whole bag of Gerber multi-tools. My first multi-tool was a Gerber, and I hated it.

• nate March 9, 2011, 8:57 am

Yeah, Bear & Leatherman could be a huge marketing win. But Gerber? No way.

• Tetsubo March 9, 2011, 5:56 pm

I carry a first generation SwissTool everyday and love it. Still looks new and has worked flawlessly for years. Anything with that faux survivalists name attached makes me question it’s quality and usefulness. A survival tool is the tool you have when you find yourself in a survival situation.

• Ken S March 11, 2011, 11:09 am

If it is a Bear tool then one of the utilities would be a hotel key for the local Hilton.

• Greaper45 July 15, 2011, 10:33 am

Dmitriy, Nate, Kryptik, Pedro and Mark

Just to let you know that Everybody has an opinion and you are intitled to your say. I have never tried Leatherman but i don`t knock down the competition, depends on what you use it for, if your trying to build a log cabin then both are no good.