MacGyver jewelry – Survival Straps

survival-strapThe next time you’re in the jungle being chased by Nazi soldiers, you can take off your Survival Straps bracelet, unravel the 16 feet of paracord and rappel off the side of a cliff to safety. Oh wait, I think that was from an Indiana Jones movie, not a MacGyver episode. Anyway, you get the idea, Survival Straps are functional / wearable paracord bracelets, anklets, watch straps, rifle straps, belts and more. Nifty and useful.

• Andrew Morrow September 7, 2009, 3:45 am

These are very well made. I have both a bracelet and one of their lanyards. Their customer service is fantastic and I have bought a few as gifts.

• max September 7, 2009, 8:20 am

Sigh.

Your level of journalistic exactitude repels me; survival straps allow me to rappel. Whoever invents the “meaning checker” to accompany spell check will become wealthy. Max

• Julie September 7, 2009, 9:12 am

@Max Oops! I agree :)

• Spork September 7, 2009, 10:10 am

Why not save a few bucks and just make your own in the color combination you really want?

• Ben Udkow September 7, 2009, 11:56 pm

I won’t trust it until Bear Grylls uses it. :D

• Login September 9, 2009, 1:41 pm

When I was a kid, back in the stone age, we called this Macrame
    Personally I’m not about to put my life on the line (literally) after abraiding the cord by wearing it.

• Levi March 23, 2010, 8:48 pm

I just ordered my paracord bracelet and also ordered a lucky American soldier a care package can’t wait for it to get here.

• Larry November 22, 2010, 5:51 pm

This company (http://www.survivalstraps.com/) ripped me off!!! They took my money via PayPal and have not sent me my merchandise!!! they have not responded to emails or phone messages left. DO NO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• jim January 30, 2011, 8:51 pm

I had the same thing happen to me as Larry did. DO NOT order from ( http://www.survivalstraps.com/). Thankfully I used Pay Pal and I will be getting my money back. They wouldent reply to my emails (about 6-8) and they wouldent reply back to a voicemail message I left on there 800 order line (only place I could leave a message). All I can see they did was tie up my money for about 60 days by the time I will get it back. DO NOT order from these people.

• Erich February 20, 2011, 9:55 am

I just ordered a bracelet and key fob… I received both within 3 days of sending payment. Great product and very happy with it!