REVIEW – I have been a DIYer for many years, and I often sketch ideas on paper. I would often end up with the idea I wanted but not before a pile of discarded paper with flawed sketches filled the garbage can next to me. Then there is my 7-year-old daughter who is really interested in art. She likes to doodle but has the ability when serious to create beautiful art. Here is a drawing that she painted. It was selected in a school contest as a winner and added to an exhibition in the town library where I live:
With this in mind, I was so excited to get the opportunity to test and review this Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet.
What is it?
The Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet is a drawing tablet with a fully laminated QLED screen. It features a Battery-Free Pen for Digital Art, Paint & Design. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android & Linux.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet
- 1 x Foldable Stand ST200
- 1 x Battery Free Slim Pen
- 1 x 3-in-2 Connection Cable
- 1 x USB-C to USB-C Cable
- 1 x USB Extension Cable
- 1 x USB Power Adapter
- 1 x Pen Holder
- 5 x Standard Nib
- 5 x Felt Nib
- 1 x Glove
- 1 x Cleaning Cloth
- 1 x User Manual
Product Name: Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K)
Product Model: GT1602
Color: Silvery Frost
Panel Size: 15.8″ (diagonal)
Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (16:9) QHD
PPI (Pixels Per Inch): 186PPI
LCD Type: IPS 60Hz
Active Area: 349.6 x 196.7 mm
Contrast Ratio: 1200:1
Brightness: 220nit (Max.)
Response Time: 14ms
Viewing Angle: 178° (89°/89°(H)/89°/89°(V) (Typ.)(CR＞10))
Gamut: 145% sRGB
Display Color: 16.7M (8bit)
Pen Technology: Battery-Free EMR
Pen Resolution: 5080LPI
Pressure Levels: 8192Levels
Accuracy: ±0.3mm (Center), ±1mm (Corner)
Reading Height: 10mm
Tilt Recognition: ±60°
Finger Touch: ——
Digital Pen: PW517
Input Voltage: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Output Voltage: 5V 3A
Video Interface: Full-Featured USB-C (Compatible with HDMI and DP) / Power USB-C
Press Keys: 8 Programmable Press Keys
Adjustable Stand: Foldable Stand ST200
OS Support: Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.12 or later, Android(USB3.1 DP1.2 or later)
AG Glass: Etched Anti-Glare Glass
Full Lamination: Full Lamination
Power Consumption: ≤10W
Standby Consumption: ≤0.25W
Working Temp. and Humidity: 0-40°C, 20-80%
Storage Temp. and Humidity: -20°C~60°C, 10-90%
Dimension: 436.2 x 247.3 x 10~11.5mm
Net Weight: 1.28Kg
VESA Compatibility: ——
Design and features
- Outstanding Visuals: With 2560×1440 QHD resolution and a high pixel density of 186ppi, Huion Kamvas Pro 16(2.5K) will show every detail of your creation in striking clarity. And the full lamination technology helps reduce parallax to the lowest so your cursor appears exactly where you expect even at the edges. Besides, the anti-glare glass keeps you comfortable by preventing distracting reflections while the IPS panel technology lets you enjoy the same vibrant image from a wide angle of 178°.
- True-to-life Colors: Powered by Quantum Dot technology, Kamvas Pro 16(2.5K) drawing tablet is able to deliver 16.7 million colors with 145% sRGB wide color gamut and a high contrast ratio of 1200:1 that ensures smooth color gradation and precision. It can satisfy the needs of creative professionals from photo and video editing to graphics designer who is looking for highly color-accurate graphics monitor. Every piece of content can be displayed in the exact color the creators intended.
- Advanced Pen Performance: By using Huion PenTech 3.0, the battery-free stylus PW517 offers amazing precision and natural control with 8192 levels of pen pressure, ±60° tilt recognition, and >300pps report rating. It just feels like a regular pen so you can start drawing and writing right out of the box without much of a learning curve. Plus you can set up your favorite shortcuts to the pen-side buttons and the 8 express keys on the display making the creative process more productive and enjoyable.
- Powerful Connection: The Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) features a USB-C port that supports both HDMI and DP signals. You can easily and quickly hook it up to a wide variety of devices including Windows PC, Mac, Android tablets, and phones with a single full-featured USB-C cable to transmit data, display signal, and up to 100w power all at once. You also can use the 3 in 2 cable(HDMI) which is more stable and durable than the 3 in 1 cable. Enjoy a clutter-free workspace with powerful USB-C connectivity.
The Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet looks a lot like a monitor with control buttons on the left side. It has a nice sleek screen and it is lightweight. The 2 USB-C connection ports are on the upper left side, and the power button is on the top left. There is also a stand that can be adjusted to 6 different angles, and a slim pen/stylus with a pen holder that is also a storage for replacement nibs.
Setting up this Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet is very easy. Since I have it attached to an older but high-performance laptop that does not have USB-C, I opted for the 3-in-2 cable that includes 2 USB-A cables and 1 HDMI cable. Once connected, I downloaded and installed the correct driver from the Huion website. I then started Adobe Photoshop and it was time to play!
Here you can see that the screens are mirrored. At this point, Windows was seeing it as an additional display.
This Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet performs very well. The screen is very responsive and there is almost no lag between the tablet and the laptop. If you like to draw/sketch and if you are an artist or you like to draw out plans as I do, you will love this tablet. You have mirror access to all of the functions of the application that you are using via the touchscreen plus the quick access buttons on the side. I use Adobe Photoshop.
OSD Menu and Controls:
Here is a video of my daughter doodling and having fun:
What I like
- Sleek Design
- Beautiful screen and resolution
- Well-built and lightweight
- The accuracy
- Easy to use
- Custom settings and responsive screen/pen
- Easy installation
- The connection options of Three-in-two Cable or USB-C to USB-C cable
What I’d change
- The screen is a fingerprint magnet
The Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (2.5K) graphics tablet is a really nice drawing tablet. It connects easily, works well, and is very responsive. The screen resolution is great and everyone in my family that draws or sketches really likes it. I give this tablet a well done and two thumbs up!!
Where to buy: Huion website, Amazon
Source: The sample of this product was provided by Huion.