REVIEW – When I moved into the home I purchased about 2 years ago, there was an 18″ dishwasher installed. I am not sure why the previous owner chose such a small size when he rebuilt the kitchen, but I guess that worked for him and his family. I started using it but soon found out that it had likely been used to its maximum potential and now only a few of the controls work and it really does not do a good job washing the dishes. So, in my home we take turns washing dishes, well that is until I got my hands on this Costway Countertop Dishwasher that sits on the counter but can actually also be installed under the countertop.
What is it?
The Costway Countertop Dishwasher features an LED control panel that allows you to choose from 5 washing programs, a 24 H timer, a child lock, and more. It also has top and bottom spinning spray arms to pump the water through 28 ports for cleaning from all angles. There is a roomy basket, a cutlery rack, and special containers to add rinse aids and dishwasher cleaner. It dries and sterilizes the dishes with a 153-degree Fahrenheit hot air function, continuing at regular intervals for 72 hours after the dishwashing process is complete. The dishwasher must be plugged in for this feature to work. This process keeps the dishes dry and fresh.
It is designed to be used on the countertop or inserted into a cabinet.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Costway Countertop Dishwasher
- 1 x Bowl basket
- 1 x Cutlery basket
- 1 x Injection pipe
- 1 x Drain pipe
- 1 x Ferrule
- 2 x Screw
- 1 x Sucker
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Material: Stainless steel, steel, PP, glass
Product dimension: 21.7″ x 19.7″ x 17.7″ (L x W x H)
Water pressure: 5.8-145 PSI
Inlet water temperature: ≤120 degrees Fahrenheit
Related voltage: AC 120 V
Current frequency: 60 Hz
Related power: 870 W
Water-proof level: IPX1
Power cord length: 59”
Injection pipe: 59”
Drain pipe: 79”
Capacity: 6 place setting
Net weight: 46 lbs
Design and features
● Thorough Cleaning with Top and Lower Spray Arms: Featuring 360-degree spray arms with 26 water ports, this dishwashing machine creates powerful flows of water spouts, effectively removing the stains from every angle. The sewage will be drained out through a detachable 3-layer filter, which is easily opened for easy residue cleaning. it accommodates rinse aid, powder, pods, and liquid dinnerware cleaner.
● Large 6 Places Setting: Our dishwasher machine has a good capacity allowing it to accommodate a total of 72 pieces of utensils, including a cutlery basket and a 6-place setting basket.
● Hot Air Preserve Function for Travel: You can leave the cleaned utensils in our dishwasher for 72 hours. During that time, the 158 degrees Fahrenheit hot air will circulate every 2 hours and keep the dish load dry and fresh. The hot air dry is not only for the preserve but in each cleaning cycle, it evaporates the water and disinfects the dish load.
● Safe Operation with 5 Washing Modes: Taking utensils and different possible types of stains into consideration, this dishwasher offers 5 washing presets to reach the maximum cleaning effect. The child lock is used to lock the control panel for child safety. The dishwasher suspends the washing process when you open the door during an operation.
● Built-in Dishwasher: Its compact size makes this dishwasher machine an ideal choice for small homes, placing it on the countertop. It can also be installed as a built-in dishwasher, fitting under the cabinet to save valuable counter space.
The Costway Countertop Dishwasher is built with a metal casing with some plastic on the back and inside. On the front door, there is a touch panel that includes the on/off control as well as the other controls and the status and program indicators. Inside, it features a dishwashing rack on wheels and a removable utensil caddy, and a tilt caddy for small cups or other items. On the inside of the door, there are receptacles for the dishwashing agents. At the bottom of the dishwasher, there is a water spout that spins. See the photos for the design and labeled parts.
The only setup process that is required is to connect the hoses to the dishwasher and to the sink. If installed as a built-in, then I would use the connections for the existing built-in dishwasher. Once connected, you add your dishwashing agents and you are ready to go.
The operation of this dishwasher is quite simple. The control panel on the top of the door is a touch panel. All you need to do is turn it on, select one of the programs and go.
What I like
- The build quality and design
- The quiet operation
- The easy connections to the water source
- The performance. The dishes and utensils wash really clean
- The sterilization feature utilizes the 153-degree Fahrenheit hot air function for 72 hours after the wash
What I’d change
- The LED display on the door says “OPE” instead of “OPEN“. not sure if this is bad design or quality control
The Costway Countertop Dishwasher is a really nice dishwasher that does a great job washing dishes. It runs quietly and it washes the dishes really well. The fact that it can be installed as a built-in is great, and the hose hook-up is simple and works well. The only issue is the “Open” LED indicator on the door. I am not sure but I am assuming that there is something wrong with the LED unless someone tells me otherwise. Regardless, I give this dishwasher a well done and two thumbs up!!